1Password is open but not accessible

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

Not sure what's going on, but this has been reported before and persists in the current version of Sonoma. 1Password is open but it does not appear in either the App Switcher or the Dock as an open application should. I also cannot access the 1Password menu bar. If I move the pointer to the top of the screen i see the menu bar for the underlying application.

1Password Version: 8.10.24-35.BETA
Extension Version: 2.20.1
OS Version: macOS 14.3
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @TomWolsky! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't behaving correctly on your Mac. You mentioned that the issue you're running into has been reported before, can you post a link to the previous report or let me know the Support ID of a previous conversation?

1Password is open but it does not appear in either the App Switcher or the Dock as an open application should.

When you say that 1Password is open do you mean that the main window is open? To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

It was reported to Feedback Assistant.

This shows the top of the 1Password application with the underlying application Safari appearing in the menu bar when the pointer moves there.

This is bottom of the application with the Dock open. Unfortunately I can't take a screenshot of the App Switcher using the OS.

• @TomWolsky

Thanks for the reply and for the screenshots. I can't reproduce the issue myself, is it possible that you've installed an app that might be hiding 1Password from the Dock?

If you restart your Mac and then double-click on 1Password from the Applications folder are you able to see the app in the Dock at that point?

Do you notice the same issue with any other apps?

-Dave

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, 1P appears in the Dock and App Switcher. I’ve seen this happen a number of times, but only ever with 1P.

I don’t know what application could hide it.

• @TomWolsky

I was also unable to reproduce this behavior. Could you create a diagnostics report from your device and send it in? If you're talking about the app feedback assistant in your screenshot, that is for Apple issue reporting. I doubt they'll send it to us. Who knows, they might. The developers may have some access I am not aware of. It's best to submit things directly to us.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: TomWolsky
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/144139/1password-is-open-but-not-accessible#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    edited January 23
    Options

Sent

TBF-27681-134

• Thanks Tom.

ref: TBF-27681-134

• SleepyOwl
    SleepyOwl
    Community Member
    edited February 1
    Options

Just popping in to say that this is also happening for me. This is using my M1 on Beta 8.10.26 81026011 running Sonoma 14.3 (23D56). I've had to use Alfred or Raycast to bring it back up vs Cmd+Tab.

I can do the same re: diagnostics and instructions above if that helps.

• @SleepyOwl

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue. I believe that I might have recently run into the same issue myself but I can't reproduce it again and I'm not sure what steps led me to trigger the issue. If you could provide a diagnostics report as well then that would certainly help us investigate this further:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave