Two-Factor Authentication fails to save on Linux

Options
baest
baest
Community Member

I have a 1password account which is protected by 2FA. Whenever I start 1Password up on Linux (it works without problems on IOS/MacOS) it asks me for my 2FA authentication. When I provide the 2FA a message, "1pasword was unable to save your two factor token", popups and quickly disappears again. No further information is provided. This happens in the 1Password App itself not in a browser extension or similar.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Arch Linux
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @baest! πŸ‘‹

I apologize for the delayed reply. I'm sorry that you're unable to add your 1Password account to the desktop app on your Linux device. As a start, please update to version 8.10.26 and then try to add your account again: How to keep 1Password up to date

If that still doesn't work then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Linux device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• arroznegro
    arroznegro
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am going to follow the suggestion to submit a diagnostic report. Thanks.

Jay

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: 2.22.1
    OS Version: Arch Linux
    Browser: Vivaldi

• Dave_1P
    Options

@arroznegro

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue. If you don't receive a reply in a few hours after sending in your diagnostics report then let me know the Support ID from the auto-reply and I'll get the ticket chased for you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• arroznegro
    arroznegro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but I did get a ticket and the issue was resolved (the missing gnome-keyring!). I appreciate the offer to help. Thanks again.

Jay

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that the issue is resolved, thanks for sharing the solution. πŸ™‚

-Dave