[chase.com] - Filling isn't working

ncoling
ncoling
Community Member

I have looked at all the suggestions on the web and I noticed this issue was described in a post and it also mentioned Remote Access the post was closed saying Remote access was fixed but I saw no remedy for the Mac issue this is the reason I was going to switch to NordPass but after looked at that I decided to stay with 1Password I very much would like to have this feature working does anyone have an answer to this issue ?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Sonoma 14.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ncoling! 👋

I'm sorry that filling isn't working on your Mac, that definitely doesn't sound right. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? Are you trying to fill into a specific app? Is the app located on your Mac or are you accessing it through a remote access app? Or are you trying to fill into a website open in your browser?

As a start, please make sure that you've setup both Universal Autofill and 1Password in the browser:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ncoling
    ncoling
    Community Member

Hi Dave, an example is that I’ll go out to 1Password and I’ll look at Chase Bank that was my and it shows that I have that I have auto fill on then I go out to Chase Bank and I presented with a fill-in user ID but no password so I type in the password and I get a prompt from 1Password say do you want to save it in 1Password? I say yes, I proceeded to login do my business logout go back into Chase and I get the exact same thing no password filled out even though when 1password asked me if I wanted to update it so this happens to all the auto fill so it hasn’t worked in a long long time for me so you’re saying this not right but I see online that people are having problems with auto fill all the time so if you could give me a little bit more information on what to look at, I’d be happy to give you some more information

• Hey @ncoling,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you let me know if you open and unlock your 1Password and search for Chase Bank, do you see the password present here? Do you have multiple items saved for the site?

Can you also let me know the steps you are taking to fill the username? Are you using a keyboard shortcut?

Finally, can you send over the exact URL of the login page so I can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!

• kcollett
    kcollett
    Community Member

Just today, the extension for Edge stopped working for a Chase login that I use almost every day. More specifically, the little widget that is normally displayed in the password field is simply missing. Moreover, when I click on the 1Password icon in the extension, the correct site is shown, but clicking on Autofill has no effect. I tried reinstalling the extension, restarting the browser, and restarting 1Password, but none of this helped.

I tried the same login with Safari using Keychain, and that allowed me to fill in the login/password. In addition, I tried turning off the extension in Edge and turning on the built in Edge functionality for filling in passwords, and that also worked.

I also tried using Chrome instead of Edge, and the behavior there was the same as Edge (no widget in login field, clicking on AutoFill has no effect).

At this point, I'm wondering if Chase has some JavaScript that is getting in the way of the extension.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.32 (81032050)
    Extension Version: 2.23.3
    OS Version: 14.5 (23F79)
    Browser: Edge

• CZS
    CZS
    Community Member

Logged in to report the same behavior. Using Chrome on two different devices, PC and Mac

• RevDoc
    RevDoc
    Community Member

Yep. Wanted to report the same. I thought 1Password was broken. I did so much uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Then I realized it still works everywhere else. Why would Chase do that? Using password managers helps keep accounts secure!

• fremont45
    fremont45
    Community Member

I have the same issue only on Chase using Firefox on my Mac. On 1Password, open and fill doesn't work, and the widget is missing on the Chase website. Copy and paste from 1Password works, but that's not ideal.

• mtbagg01
    mtbagg01
    Community Member

Can confirm both that Chase is broken and most other sites aren't. The University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union site also no longer works. 1Password was updated just before I attempted to log in, so there may be an inadvertent code incompatibility. I'm going to report to 1Password to see if they can investigate further and if anyone has any other sites that likewise no longer work, I'd recommend you do so for those as well.

• willashley23
    willashley23
    Community Member
    edited May 22

The 1password extension usually shows a little icon inside an input field, allowing you to click on it to get suggested login info and prefill it. Today I noticed that it is totally broken for Chase bank's login, and virtually nowhere else. If I open the extension manually, and click 'autofill' on my chase login, it does nothing. Something is utterly broken and it's beyond unacceptable, as logging into my bank is literally one of the most frequent things I do.

What I've tried:
    1. disabling and reenabling the extension
    2. closing and reopening the 1password native app
    3. uninstalling and reinstalling the extension

NOTHING has worked. I think this is on you. Chase likely pushed a change to their webforms that prevents 1p from recognizing it. You need to fix this asap.

OS Version: 14.4.1
    Browser: Arc browser

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

Hi,

Have you tried another browser, like Firefox? Works fine for myself on Chase.com

• tbreef
    tbreef
    Community Member

Also had this in Chrome. doesn't work at all, as described. However, it does work as normal in Firefox, so more likely something related to a recent Chrome update, but somehow very specific to Chase.com. I had logged in like normal and then relaunched Chrome for update and then it stopped working.

• boxtop217
    boxtop217
    Community Member
    edited May 22

Does not work on any Chase URLs. This appears to be a known problem. I have tried both Chrome and Edge and all the suggested fixes/workarounds. Please advise, thanks.

1Password Version: 2.23.3
    Extension Version: 22300302
    OS Version: Win 11 home
    Browser: Edge, Chrome

• DrGary
    DrGary
    Community Member

I can confirm this issue using Edge on Windows 11 as well as FireFox on the mac.

• joshpugh
    joshpugh
    Community Member

This just started happening for me too, on Firefox.

• plmorgan66
    plmorgan66
    Community Member
    edited May 21

I am having the same issue and have found the problem in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I bank with Chase and accessed it frequently, so I'm certain that this issue has only come about recently and that as recently as last week the 1Password icon was appearing and working in the Chase login window. Additionally, the "AutoFill" option in the browser's 1PW menu does not work on the Chase.com login page either.

I have also noted that the problem is ONLY on the login screen. The subsequent 2FA screen, which for Chase requires both a 6-digit 2FA code and re-entering the account password, still shows the 1PW icon and it works as normal on that screen.

NOTE: I just noticed that this discussion is listed under "Beta & Prereleases." In my case, I'm using the most recent PRODUCTION release of the software (I came to this thread through a search and didn't notice the category). However, it appears that the original poster is also using the production release, so perhaps this discussion is misplaced.

1PW Browser Extensions Version: 2.23.3 for all three browsers
    OS Version: macOS 14.5
    Browsers:
    • Safari 17.5 (19618.2.12.11.6)
    • Chrome 125.0.6422.61 (Official Build) (arm64)
    • Firefox 126.0 (64-bit)

• rfbNewMexico2023
    rfbNewMexico2023
    Community Member

having same autofill problem with Chase on my Mac . Password present in login for Chase login, but neither username nor password being filled. I have two accounts with chase with different login in info, but this has never been a problem. Autofill working for other financial websites. Updated OS to 14.5 today.

• mikeg42
    mikeg42
    Community Member

I experience all the problems and attempted solutions re: Chase login with no results. Then tried to use website as "Chase.com" and then instant success. Try it.

• willashley23
    willashley23
    Community Member

Originally posted this in the betas thread, but that was a mistake, so reposting here.

The 1password extension usually shows a little icon inside an input field, allowing you to click on it to get suggested login info and prefill it. Today I noticed that it is totally broken for Chase bank's login, and virtually nowhere else. If I open the extension manually, and click 'autofill' on my chase login, it does nothing. Something is utterly broken and it's beyond unacceptable, as logging into my bank is literally one of the most frequent things I do.

What I've tried:
    1. disabling and reenabling the extension
    2. closing and reopening the 1password native app
    3. uninstalling and reinstalling the extension

NOTHING has worked. I think this is on you. Chase likely pushed a change to their webforms that prevents 1p from recognizing it.

1Password Version: 8.10.32
    OS Version: 14.4.1
    Browser: Arc Browser

• DrGary
    DrGary
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this same issue with Chase. It occurs using Edge on Windows 11 Pro and on FireFox on the mac. It started for me last week on Tuesday after Microsoft monthly patches were applied to Windows 11.

• Des
    Des
    Community Member

Login autofill no longer works on Chase website. In addition, when I try and use the website open and fill feature in 1PW it no longer works. Both worked fine until a few weeks ago. The 2FA autofill in works once past initial login. Using Chrome Version 124.0.6367.208 (Official Build) (arm64) Mac OS Ventura 13.5. 1Password for Mac 8.10.32 (81032050)

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited May 21

Hey everyone! 👋

I've done some testing and you're right, 1Password is having a hard time detecting the fields. I have passed this on to our development team who are working to see if we can improve the behaviour in a future update.

In the meantime, I suggest either drag and dropping, or copy and pasting your credentials to the fields. I understand that this isn't ideal and I apologize for the disruption to your workflow.

-Alvin

ref: dev/core/core#2900

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited May 22

Same problem filling the Chase login using my MacBook Pro + Safari. Previously, the end of the "username" field would show the 1Password icon. Or I could click on the empty username field and username(s) associated with the URL would pop up. Now, nothing works. If I click on the browser bar 1P icon, the first login entries shown are the ones with chase.com as the URL - cool. But if I then select "Autofill" on one of them, nothing happens. So this is now a copy/paste situation.

1Password for Mac 8.10.32
    OS Version: Sonoma 14.5
    Browser: Safari 17.5

Looks like this is being addressed in this thread.

• DavidOR
    DavidOR
    Community Member

Same issue and "Chase.com" also worked for me.

• rmueller2323
    rmueller2323
    Community Member

Additional data point: if I go to www.chase.com with the browser window full-screen, it presents a username and password field. 1Password can still autofill into this field across all major browsers--Brave (my primary), Chrome, Edge, Firefox.

My bookmark is set to a Chase login page located at https://secure.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/overviewAccounts/overview/index. You can also reach this page by clicking the Sign in button at www.chase.com without entering credentials. If you visit www.chase.com in a browser window sized somewhat smaller, the username and password field goes away, and you can only click the Sign in button to reach this link at secure.chase.com. I experience the failed autofill behavior on the login page located at the secure.chase.com link, across all browsers.

• kcollett
    kcollett
    Community Member

I just tried the full screen approach, and for some reason I'm unable to see the page that is shown in your first screenshot; I still the login popup. (I'm using Edge on MacOS, FWIW.)

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited May 22

Yesterday, I got a 1Password alert saying my installation (8.10.33, Safari, macOS 14.5) was corrupted but ignored it.

This morning when I had the same problem logging into Chase that others have reported, I downloaded and reinstalled 1Password. Autofill still wasn't working, so I manually filled in my Chase username, clicked "Forgot password" and updated my 1Password Chase login item with the new password, which fixed things.

EDIT: I just realized this discussion is in "Beta & Prereleases," but I am using a production version.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited May 22

Yesterday, I got a 1Password alert saying my installation (8.10.33, Safari, macOS 14.5) was corrupted and I should reinstall it, but I ignored the advice.

This morning when I had the Autofill problem with Chase that others in this thread have reported, I downloaded and reinstalled 1Password.

Autofill still wasn't working, so I manually filled in my Chase username, clicked "Forgot password," chose a new password and updated my 1Password Chase login item, which fixed things.

• boxtop217
    boxtop217
    Community Member

DavidB unfortunately that didn't work for me. Still no autofill or 1pw prompts where they should be. Chase made some change that's blocking the extension from working.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited May 22

@boxtop217, I know you may have already done this, but have you tried restarting your computer? (Sorry if I didn't see that mentioned above as part of the suggested fixes.)

UPDATE: My solution only works for me with Safari, not with Firefox, Chrome or Edge.

• boxtop217
    boxtop217
    Community Member

Yea, same but thanks. They'll fix it eventually.