[chase.com] - Filling isn't working

13»

Comments

• raypedia
    raypedia
    Community Member
    edited July 12

Just as an update, this is still an issue. Was working fine until about 2 months ago when Chase changed something -- they used to want to do a OTP push every time, but they changed something to allow the browser to be registered. But that change coincides with the breakage of 1Password autofill. 1Password recognizes that it's a site it knows and offers the choices (I have two logins for a business account and personal) but when selecting them for autofill, nothing happens. Cmd-\ also does nothing. Been an issue for me on Chrome on the Mac since around late April (latest revs of everything, browser, OS, 1P).

• @raypedia

Thanks for the report. The team is working to resolve the trouble.

• ORBroncoFan
    ORBroncoFan
    Community Member

I don't know if this matters, but... When I access my Chase accounts, I notice 2 distinct login modes. The first is when you initially access www.chase.com, the login prompt of which 1Password always handles properly. The second is when you log out, and then in the same session click the "Login" button again. You're then routed to secure.chase.com, the login prompt of which 1Password consistently doesn't acknowledge (even though secure.chase.com is an associated URL with that login entry). Likely there's a difference in HTML field name or ID, but that's 1Password tech team's issue...

• Hello, @ORBroncoFan. Thank you for reaching out.

The https://secure.chase.com website uses HTML elements called "Shadow DOM". Using these elements keeps the structure, style, and behaviour of sections on a webpage 'hidden' from other sections. 1Password in the browser had trouble auto-filling on websites that use Shadow Dom elements before the latest update of the 1Password extension.

I'm happy to report the Shadow Dom issue is now resolved using the latest version of 1Password in the browser (2.26.1), which includes the https://secure.chase.com website.

Make sure to keep automatic updates turned on so that you receive the latest version of the 1Password extension as soon as it is available: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser. Moreover, the submission and review process for each browser's web store is different, and you might see versions make it to some browsers faster than others.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

• ORBroncoFan
    ORBroncoFan
    Community Member

Hi Evon, I have the latest 1Password (latest Windows 11) and Firefox extension, each set for auto updates. I just logged into Chase successfully w/ 1Password, logged out, and clicked login to get the secure.chase.com login page. It still doesn't autofill.

• @ORBroncoFan,

The current version of the 1Password extension for Firefox is 2.25.1. We've submitted 2.26.1 (the version that includes a fix for this issue) to Mozilla for approval, but we have to wait for the review process. Our team is working with our partners at Mozilla to release the latest update as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

• ORBroncoFan
    ORBroncoFan
    Community Member

Thank you for the update Evon!

• You're very welcome, @ORBroncoFan! 🙂

-Evon

• sigma3006
    sigma3006
    Community Member
    edited July 30

I just discovered this community & thread after I was having the same problem with Chase for a few weeks. I just updated 1P (Mac version) to the latest (8.10.36) and it still didn't work. Noticed someone said something about updating the browser extension - which I guess has to be done separately? - and then immediately noticed Chrome said I needed to restart Chrome to upgrade the browser. After I restarted Chrome - Chase worked again (password filled in now). The 1P app doesn't seem to make it obvious when new versions are available (at least for me, but maybe I'm still be a novice user?). It seems you have to go into Settings and manually check for updates. Would be helpful if there was some more obvious signaling when updates are available - and better yet to have the option to simply push updates out to users who wish them to be automated implemented. An email probably wouldn't be helpful as 1P sends out so many ad emails that I tend to ignore them...

PS - I just checked my 1P extension in Chrome - its version 2.26.1 - not sure how this gets updated as I didn't update it manually. Not sure if 1P has information somewhere on how updates are handled - both the main application and browser extensions - it would be helpful (at least to me!)

• @sigma3006

I'm happy to hear that filling on chase.com is now working on your end. Chrome will automatically update 1Password in the browser for you and there's no need to update things manually: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

and then immediately noticed Chrome said I needed to restart Chrome to upgrade the browser.

This sounds like you had a pending update for Chrome itself which may have delayed the fix from reaching you in some way.

Let me know if you run into any other issues in the future. 🙂

-Dave

• rmueller2323
    rmueller2323
    Community Member
    edited September 16

Don't hold your breathe, this has been on ongoing issue for us since May

• @rmueller2323

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. Our developers are working on an issue that is affecting chase.com and a few other websites, can you tell me the following:

1. What version of 1Password in the browser do you have installed: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser
    2. Do you have the 1Password 8 for Mac desktop app installed?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#31532
    ref: dev/core/core#32552

• ysh
    ysh
    Community Member

I had this issue a few months back, then it went away, and in the last week or so it's back, 1P can't do anything on chase pages. I am using latest Chrome 128.0.6613.138 on MacOS 14.6.1 with 1P extension 8.10.44.34

• @ysh,

Thank you for the report and I'm sorry you are encountering this problem. I've added you as an affected user to the known issue.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#31532

• irandamay
    irandamay
    Community Member

While going to chase.com instead of secure.chase.com does work, it's kind of tedious to keep changing the url.

I discovered that if you just click the submit button on the form with nothing filled in on secure.chase.com, when it comes back with the error because you didn't fill anything in, the resulting form does have the 1Password tools in it and then you can use autofill.

So, hopefully that helps someone else be slightly less annoyed with Chase's convoluted login process. :) You can just submit the empty form, then fill in with 1P rather than make sure you're on the URL without secure in it.

• Thank you for sharing your solution with the community, @irandamay. Hopefully, our development team resolves this issue on Chase's website.

-Evon

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Our development team has made improvements to how 1Password handles the login fields on chase.com. Please update to 8.10.48:

If you still see the issue with 8.10.48 then let me know.

-Dave