Memory Leak 1PW for Safari

Options
eschramm
eschramm
Community Member
edited February 14 in 1Password in the Browser

Noticed this morning on two separate computers - opening this site and logging in - memory starts ballooning until it hits around 18 GB and then crashes/reloads tab. This doesn't happen and process starts with far less memory when the 1PW for Safari extension is disabled. The website is https://designer.mydatahelps.org - but only happens once I log in. If there is any debugging I can run to provide, let me know.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1 (23D60)
Browser: Safari - 17.3.1 (19617.2.4.11.12)

Comments

• Hi @eschramm 👋

Thank you for writing in regarding an issue you're experiencing with a potential memory leak on https://designer.mydatahelps.org while 1Password for Safari is enabled. So that we can further investigate this, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue and then create a console log:

Additionally, I'd like to request that you take a screenshot of the memory tab in Activity Monitor on your Mac while the issue is occurring. Be sure not to include any private information in the screenshot. The console log and screenshot can then be attached to an email to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thank you!

-Trevor

• eschramm
    eschramm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Trevor. Have sent console log and screenshots via email.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 14
    Options

@eschramm

Thank you, I don't see a ticket open under the email that you're using for the forum. Did you use a different email address? Could you post the Support ID here? It'll be in the subject line of any replies that you receive from us and look like this: [#ABC-12345-678].

Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your ticket and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

-Dave

• eschramm
    eschramm
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies, I did use a different email. Here’s the ticket number SKP-22314-937.

• Hi @eschramm 👋

Thank you for sharing your Support ID. I was able to locate the console log and screenshot that you sent and see that a colleague has sent you a reply. Please check your email inbox and continue the conversation there. To prevent the conversation from occurring in multiple places at once, I’ve closed this thread.

ref: SKP-22314-937

This discussion has been closed.