1Password Safari Browser Extension is Locked

Options
mdvzo
mdvzo
Community Member
edited February 22 in 1Password in the Browser

Since going to Sonoma on a regular basis I have to unlock 1P in Safari although the app is unlocked and I have previously unlocked it in the Browser. I never had to unlock it in the Browser in the past and now I have to do it repeatedly.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Do you use the nightly builds for 1Password itself? In my case, it often updates itself in the background and the connection between the Safari extension and the app gets broken. I quit Safari, quit 1Password entirely through the menubar item and relaunch 1Password then Safari and it works fine again (until the next nightly).
    The process was described in a reply by @Dave_1P for a related issue:
    https://1password.community/discussion/141949/touchid-not-working-in-safari.

In addition, I know there were also some issues with some of the Sonoma β, but my understanding is that the issue is gone in the recent β.

• Hey @mdvzo,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in Safari. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Question before I jump through hoops getting logs. Is 1Password supposed to ask you to unlock the browser in addition to the APP? This is not site-specific and the console logs seem to be related to specific site logs. As oof late, it does not ask me to do it except once in a while I have to unlock the browser although the app is unlocked

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I captured the console logs for both Chrome and Safari as this is a system issue with 1P browser extensions being locked continuously. Also if I unlock the Safari browser extension Chrome still has to be unlocked individually. I capture the Safari log when unlocking 1P in the browser.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    edited February 21
    Options

When I try to unlock the Safari and especially the Chrome extension it often hangs for a bit so I looked at the settings in Safari and Chrome and noticed this on both. Looks like the Browser extension is having issues communicating with the App.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I specifically added Chrome to the list of supported browsers although it says already supported and it went from yellow to green. I tried to do the same for Safari but got an error message.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I get Beta updates but just tried and had to uncheck these boxes restart 1P and check them again and now it is working.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

• @mdvzo

Thanks for following up!

I can see you currently have a support ticket open with our team over email. Please continue the conversation over there, and I'll close this thread out for now.

ref: #REB-79695-132

This discussion has been closed.