Console error: "Retrieving "b5x-stateful-inline-icon" flag errored: timed out" [Fixed in the beta]

Options
snozdop
snozdop
Community Member
edited April 23 in 1Password in the Browser

Using Safari Extension v2.22.1 (22200103) beta I get the following console error on every page load from the injected.js:

Retrieving "b5x-stateful-inline-icon" flag errored: timed out - falling back

clicking the error highlights line 19578 of injected.js

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Safari 17.4

Comments

• gasolwu
    gasolwu
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I am using the Arc browser and 1Password Beta extension 2.22.1

Arc
    Version 1.35.0 (47750)
    Chromium Engine Version 123.0.6312.59

• timblanq
    timblanq
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me, also using Arc and 1Password 2.22.1.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. I just uploaded a website and thought I had a problem with the changes. Glad I Googled it before going on a wild goose chase. The Safari extension of 1Password has been a pain for ages.

• kimballa
    kimballa
    Community Member
    Options

This also has started happening on Chrome on Windows.

Chrome ver: 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)
    user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

• kevin.li
    Options

Hi @snozdop, @gasolwu, @timblanq , @ashleyk , @kimballa,

I can confirm the issue is on our end and it is related to the new flag feature of "b5x-stateful-inline-icon". It would impact timeouts on sites with slow loading and I'm sorry for the inconvenience and confusion it caused.

Our developers are working on the fix for the issue and hopefully, it will be merged into the build soon.

In the meantime, you can return to the current stable version of 1Password in the browser to avoid the issue.

ref: https://gitlab.1password.io/dev/core/core/-/merge_requests/22352

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    edited April 2
    Options

I'm already on the Production release channel for the app, and the "Stable" channel for the browser extension, and it's happening there too. Chrome, Windows 11.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey there @codeknight. I was able to reproduce this as well on the stable version. Our development team is working on a fix. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Evon

• zacharybetz
    zacharybetz
    Community Member
    Options

Happens for me as well. The dev tools console shows:

qy @ injected.js:4

My system info:

• Browser: Chrome Version 123.0.6312.87 (Official Build) (arm64)
    • Extension: 2.22.1
  • Dave_1P
    Options

@zacharybetz

Thank you for the report, our developers are working to release a fix in a future update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• mmaass
    mmaass
    Community Member
    Options

Same error in Firefox Developer Edition 125.0b8 (64-bit) on macOS 14.4.1:

• Roenfeldt
    Roenfeldt
    Community Member
    Options

Identical situation here to @mmaass above. Any word on the update/fix?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mmaass and @Roenfeldt

Thank you for the reports and I'm sorry for the trouble. The team hopes to get this fixed as soon as possible and you'll see the fix noted in our release note when it's available: 1Password Releases

-Dave

• ghostdog
    ghostdog
    Community Member
    Options

Same in Firefox 124.0.1 (64-bit)

• mmaass
    mmaass
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation, Dave_1P
    Good to know the issue has been identified. So I am not imagining things ... ;-)
    I am sure it will be solved.

• ag_tommy
    Options

On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Me too - same in safari 17.4.1

• Roenfeldt
    Roenfeldt
    Community Member
    Options

I am aware of the fact that the dev team are working hard on fixing this issue, but I would appreciate an update on their progress, or at least an estimate on how long this is going to take until it gets fixed, because I'm a web developer, and this annoying error message keeps on polluting my browsers' consoles, even on the very well optimized local projects I'm working on, thus heavily disrupting my workflow. Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    edited April 8
    Options

@Roenfeldt

I'm sorry that the issue is causing disruption to your workflow. Our developers have finished coding a fix for the issue and are currently testing that fix in the nightly version  of 1Password in the browser.

Once the team's testing verifies that the fix fully resolves the issue, and doesn't introduce new issues, the fix will make it's way into future updates to the beta and then stable versions. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• Roenfeldt
    Roenfeldt
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thank you so much for the fast reply and for the details provided, they're much appreciated! I'll be looking forward to the fix, and please send my kind regards and thanks to the dev team! :)

• PaidUser0011
    PaidUser0011
    Community Member
    Options

This caused me a little lost time in the browser console today as well!

Was wondering what injected.js was (common for hot module reloading and other tooling) and needed to track it down.

Was suprised to see this was caused by 1Password which I expect to be always very polished as it's dealing with some very critical data.

• hcreative
    hcreative
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm as well. Chrome Version 123.0.x. Deactivating and reactivating the extension confirms the error is related to the OnePassword Chrome extension.

injected.js:4

Looking forward to the update. Thank you.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@PaidUser0011 and @hcreative

I'm sorry for the noise and for disruption to your workflows. A fix is being tested in the nightly version of 1Password in the browser and the team hopes to release the fix to the beta and stable versions as soon as possible.

-Dave

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    Options

Yes we are also seeing it in stable versions across a range of browsers. It's pretty much on every web page including cnn.com :)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@happycappie

Thank you for reporting the issue as well, hopefully a fix will make it to the beta and stable versions soon.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28962

• 2passwords
    2passwords
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing this on the stable channel, latest Chrome.

Looking forward to an official fix... the error is popping up everywhere.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 11
    Options

@2passwords

Thank you for the report. Please see my post here for the latest update. I'm sorry for the noise.

-Dave

• jgbbrd
    jgbbrd
    Community Member
    Options

Still getting these errors. I'm a software developer. Seeing errors in the console is quite distressing and distracting, especially when they're absolutely nothing to do with anything I'm working on.

• thomasballinger
    thomasballinger
    Community Member
    Options

I'm uninstalling the 1Password extension for now, posting here to get a notification when this has been resolved to reinstall it.

• dwightware4
    dwightware4
    Community Member
    Options

Just an FYI for folks, at least in Chrome you can put "-injected.js" in the filter box in the dev tools console to hide this error until they get the fix deployed.

• Roenfeldt
    Roenfeldt
    Community Member
    Options

@dwightware4 thanks for the clever temporary solution, it also works in Firefox!