Browser extension unable to sync with desktop app on Windows 10

Options
achu
achu
Community Member
edited April 3 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the 1Password browser extension installed on Chrome, and I also have the desktop app installed on Windows 10 as well. I'm not sure when it began happening, perhaps only in the last two weeks or so, I've not been able to sync the unlocking of the desktop app with the unlocking of the browser extension.

The last significant update that I did on my system recently, which also coincides with the last time that I saw in the logs any attempt to to connect to the browser extension from the desktop app, was an update of Git Bash. I uninstalled my previous installation of Git Bash and installed 2.44.0.

When I check the sync connection status from the browser extension, it consistently says, "Problems connecting" (see screenshot below).

I have tried already to disable the sync functionality in the browser extension, exiting the desktop app, restarting the desktop app, and re-enabling the sync functionality in the browser extension. However, it still has not resulted in a successful sync between the browser extension and the desktop app.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10 22H2
Browser: Chrome (123.0.6312.86)

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @achu! 👋

I'm sorry that the integration between the desktop app and the browser extension isn't working on your Windows PC. So that I can investigate the situation, I'd like to request the following:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• achu
    achu
    Community Member
    edited April 3
    Options

Hi, Dave!

Thank you for your help in taking a look. Here's the Support ID number from BitBot: CRP-88699-324.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@achu

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I confirm that that your diagnostics report and console log made it to the right team. One of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as they've finished reviewing the files that you sent. Please continue the conversation there.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: CRP-88699-324

This discussion has been closed.