1Password crashed on startup, but runs fine if I reopen it.

Options
Niqui
Niqui
Community Member
edited April 5 in Windows

Hello,
I have had 1Password for about 2 or 3 months. Its worked perfectly fine.
Today I experienced the first crash when Windows started. It said 1Password crashed and asked if i wanted to send the crash log or exit. I didnt pay attention and clicked exit. After that, I reopened the 1Password app and it started correctly.

Is there anything I can do to see why it crashed? Should I worry about something? Is this normal?

My OS is Windows 11 pro 23H2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 5
    Options

@Niqui

I'd recommend getting you into our support team and let them look at a diagnostics report. Please use the following steps to create a diagnostic report.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press Command and comma (Control and comma on Windows). The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Select Advanced.
    4. Select Send Diagnostics.
    5. Select Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Niqui
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/145224/1password-crashed-on-startup-but-runs-fine-if-i-reopen-it#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Niqui
    Niqui
    Community Member
    Options

Hello there,
    I have just sent the requested file to the email provided.
    I have received an automated reply from BitBot, and I have verified my email to expedite the process.
    I hope I receive a response soon
    Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Niqui

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics reports, I confirm that they made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as possible.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: XTV-96384-397

This discussion has been closed.