Display glitches and flickering - 1Password desktop on Windows 11

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

I didn't want to create a duplicate post but I couldn't add onto the existing one by Yorkie as it's locked but i'm having the same issue as what was posted here -

https://1password.community/discussion/145127/display-glitches-and-flickering-1password-desktop-on-windows-11

It's only just started happening so could I ask what the fix was please as the flickering is making it very hard to use.

I'm using an Nvidia RTX 3070

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

@Yorkie Could you let me know what the fix is please?

• Yorkie
    Yorkie
    Community Member
    Options

@reck my problem was fixed by disabling hardware acceleration. I'd tried that before and it didn't work, but the important thing is to fully quit (Crtl+Q) and then restart 1Password. That full quit and restart with hardware acceleration off fixed mine.

I put the problem down to an incompatibility with an Nvidia driver update, although I went a long time before reporting so can't be sure.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

OK i'll try it but I consider this more of a workaround than a fix.

1Password should really fix the application so that Nvidia users don't need to disable hardware acceleration. It's only just started for me but I did update my Nvidia drivers recently so I wonder if 1Password has some issues with the latest drivers?

Thanks for getting back to me.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @reck, thanks for reaching out about this! I've been attempting to reproduce this on my own PC which also has an RTX 3070 with the latest Nvidia drivers, but for me all seems to be working well - definitely a strange one.

Has disabling hardware acceleration and restarting 1Password as @Yorkie mentioned (thanks for the assist!) helped here, or are you still running into this behaviour?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem could you confirm what graphics driver version you're running on your 3070 as I think when I upgraded to a new version this is when the issue started? I'm only seeing this black flickering on 1Password which is strange. I'm runing graphics driver 552.12

Can you confirm where the hardware acceleration setting is in Windows? I searched settings but nothing came up? Ideally I don't want to be turning off Windows settings, especially not when they have acceleration in their name so I hope a proper fix can be found.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @reck, thanks for your reply! My graphics driver version is 552.22, updated yesterday.

My apologies for any confusion here - the hardware acceleration setting I was referring to isn't a Windows setting but rather a setting for 1Password, and I'll include the steps for this below:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type 1Password, and click on it.
    2. Unlock with your usual credentials if prompted.
    3. In the top left, click ⋮ > Settings > Advanced.
    4. Uncheck the option to Use Hardware Acceleration.
    5. Fully quit and restart the app with Ctrl + Q or by right clicking the icon in the system tray > Quit.

Let me know if this helps!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, disabling hardware acceleration in 1Password has fixed it.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @reck! It's great to hear that disabling hardware acceleration in 1Password has resolved the issue - thanks for the update 😄