Why is the my.1password.com page opening radomly in Safari (iPad)?

Options
jeffgbrock
jeffgbrock
Community Member

This started after I enabled TFA. Now, at least once a day, a new tab will open with this page asking for my credentials. I just close it and go about my business, but it is annoying. I have never seen it do this on Safari on my MacBook or iPhone…just the iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 17
    Options

Hello @jeffgbrock! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted to login to 1Password repeatedly. If you open the main 1Password app then do you see any messages asking you to sign back in? Or an offline icon inside of the app? If you do then follow the prompts to authenticate your account again.

If you don't see the prompts then I'd like you to try to sign out and then sign back into the 1Password app but make sure that you have a copy of your Emergency Kit first:

Sign back into the 1Password app and then try these steps to reset the connection between the 1Password app and 1Password for Safari:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari.

Does this resolve the issue or do you see the same page being opened? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jeffgbrock
    jeffgbrock
    Community Member
    Options

No, nothing amiss in the 1Password app when this happens. No request to sign back in or any offline notification. I am using the 1Password for iPadOS 8.10.28. The extension in 'Manage Extensions' (puzzle piece icon in iPad, not AA) is called "1Password" not "1Password for Safari". Note that, after ignoring and closing the tab, everything continues to function as it should in filing out dialog boxes.

I have rebooted everything, logged out, logged in, and am using Safari. Nothing so far, but, as I said, this seems to happen randomly, so it is too soon to know if it is going to happen again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jeffgbrock

Thank you for those details. If you do see the issue again in the future then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device right after the issue occurs:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave