Update Icon

Options
Steven78
Steven78
Community Member

I just notices that some of the website icons are outdated.
I could not find a way to tell 1Password zu update an icon.
Is there a way to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Steven78, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We manually add app and website icons to our rich icon server, so I'd like to ask you to email in to support+forum@1password.com with a list of any websites where you've noticed the icons are outdated, and then we can get this filed with the team who maintains the database 😄

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

Ok!

However - I had 2 cases, here not just die Icon changed, but the URL.
    So when changing the URL in 1Password I would expect it to download a new icon for the new URL, which doesn't seem to be the case.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Steven78, thanks for getting back to me! To make sure I'm understanding correctly, for two of the logins with outdated icons, the website changed both its URL and icon, and after updating the URL in your 1Password item, the item's icon didn't update to reflect the new URL?

Have you emailed in with a list of affected URLs yet, and if so, could you share your Support ID number here?

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

I did't open a support ticket.

One example:
    There was a german website ebay-kleinanzeigen.de.
    They changed there name simply to kleinanzeigen.de and they also changed their icon.
    The old url redirects to the new one.
    I noticed that 1Password did not autofill username and password anymore - for obvious reasons.
    To I changed the URL in 1Password and autofill worked again.
    However the icon was still the old one and I could not find a way to refresh the icon.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Steven78, thanks for providing this example!

It looks as if this icon hasn't yet been updated in our database of icons. Our team does this manually, so if you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a list of websites where you've noticed the icons are outdated or missing, our team will be able to file an issue to get them added for you.

Since this is done manually, it can take a bit of time before the new icon appears in 1Password. In the meantime, you can upload your own custom icon to an item with the steps below:

1. Click on the item in your item list in 1Password 8.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click the down arrow on the corner of the item's icon, then Choose new icon...
    4. Choose an image from your device, and then save the item.

Let me know how you get on 😄