Windows Startup Launch Parameter

User9002130590
User9002130590
Community Member
edited May 4 in Windows

So a recent Windows update apparently screwed up the registry location on my computer that handles certain startup programs with windows, including 1Password
(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) specifically (The entries in the registry are gone, so it's not like they even show up in Task Manager as disabled. )

I can make it start up with windows again by putting a shortcut in the Windows startup folder, but it doesn't start minimized. And I can't figure out the parameter to start it minimized.

So main question:
What's the command line argument to start 1Password minimized in Windows?

I've tried the usual suspects like -minimized, /minimized, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited May 4

It's --silent. At least this is how 1password shows up in my task manager for autostart.

• User9002130590
    User9002130590
    Community Member

Awesome that's it, thanks

• SvenD
    SvenD
    Community Member

Hello, same problem here. How did you solve "I can make it start up with windows again"?

• @SvenD

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't starting when you start your Mac. Can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type Startup apps and hit Enter.
    2. In the window that opens, check whether 1Password is listed, and if it is, make sure it's set to On.

Then, restart your Windows PC and make sure that 1Password starts properly. If it doesn't or you don't see a 1Password entry in the Startup apps window then let me know.

-Dave

• SvenD
    SvenD
    Community Member

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your prompt answer. Unfortunately, it is not in this list.

-Sven

• jpalo
    jpalo
    Community Member

Hi,
    how to start 1Pwd at Windows login? Cannot find such option in Settings --> General anymore? Also, there is no 1Pwd item in Task Manager Startup Apps.

1Password Version: 8.10.33
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 11
    Browser: Not Provided

• @SvenD and @jpalo

I'm sorry that 1Password for Windows is no longer starting up at login. I'd like to ask both of you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jpalo
    jpalo
    Community Member

TME-59677-598

• Hi @jpalo, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly 😄

ref: TME-59677-598

• SvenD
    SvenD
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Hello Dave, my ticket number is BWX-18841-779.

• @SvenD

Thank you for posting the Support ID! One of my colleagues will reach out to you soon. 🙂

-Dave

ref: BWX-18841-779