1Password for Windows on Arm (Preview)

Options
Mitch
edited May 22 in Windows

Hello all!

It's an exciting time for Windows PCs with Microsoft's big announcements this week of the new Surface line, Copilot+ PCs, and, of course, the availability of devices based on the speedy, Arm-based Snapdragon X Elite processor.

Not to be left out of the fun, we'd like to share with you the first preview release of 1Password for Windows on Arm. 💪🥳

Of course, it's already possible to install and use 1Password on Arm-based Windows PCs, but until now the app has run in a slower x86 emulation mode. This is our first Arm-native build of the app, which means it is able to take full advantage of the new silicon.

Early indications are that 1Password for Windows on Arm is blazing fast (and we haven't even got our hands on the new Copilot+ PCs — yet!)

Things to know about the preview release

This preview build for Windows is based on the current stable channel release of 1Password (version 8.11). We are calling it a "preview" for three reasons:

1. We have done limited testing on real hardware outside of virtual machines, as the new Copilot+ PCs have only just been announced.
  2. If 1Password is already installed on your PC, you'll need to uninstall the app before installing the Arm preview.
    • Your accounts will transfer over to the preview build, but I strongly recommend setting up a recovery code before uninstalling the app to be safe.
  3. This build of the app app will not update automatically — you will need to check back here for announcements and future releases.

Apart than these considerations, the build is a complete experience, and you should expect to find the full level of functionality that's already available in 1Password for Windows.

Get the preview release

If you'd like to be among the first to experience 1Password for Windows on Arm, download and install the preview release:

Please let us know how it works for you by sharing your feedback in this thread. The more quality feedback we have, the sooner we'll be able to exit preview and make the Arm version of the app available to everyone. 🔥

-Mitch

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed this preview release in my VMware Windows 11 VM and it does seem snappy and improved! Will leave feedback as needed.

• emuell
    emuell
    Community Member
    Options

Finally, it is here! I did install it on my Microsoft Surface Pro X some days ago, and 1Password works without any issue ARM64 native now.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@VirgilBoy and @emuell

Thank you for trying the preview release! I'm happy to hear that everything is working well so far, let us know if you do run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• keith15
    keith15
    Community Member
    Options

Just switched to this ARM build on my Robo&Kala. Seems to be working great.

• cjbatyr
    cjbatyr
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed it on my new Surface Laptop 7! I will report back if I run into any issues.

• pcxnet
    pcxnet
    Community Member
    Options

Just got my CoPilot+ Snapdragon X Laptop today, and was pleased to find this thread. Just wondering how we go about keeping it updated or where we go to check for the most recent version? Is this thread going to stay updated or is there a more central location to check for updates?

Other than that, no issues so far, everything seems great.

Thanks

• cjbatyr
    cjbatyr
    Community Member
    edited June 18
    Options

Update: The OTA codes are all incorrect in this version of 1Password. The codes are identical on all other 1Password apps I’ve set up on different devices, but they differ on this particular version. Consequently, I can’t log in using the codes provided by this version of 1Password and have to retrieve the correct codes from other devices.

• keith15
    keith15
    Community Member
    Options

@cjbatyr Are you sure your clock and time zone are set correctly?

• cjbatyr
    cjbatyr
    Community Member
    Options

@keith15 it was the clock! Time zone was set correctly but the clock was off by a minute. I just had it synced and the 2fa codes are all correct now. Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cjbatyr

I'm happy that setting the time resolved the TOTP issue. 🙂

@keith15

Thank you for testing the preview version of 1Password for Windows on Arm! Let us know if you do run into any issues!

@pcxnet

This special preview build won't update by itself. But you can check this thread for updated versions as they become available.

-Dave

• cjbatyr
    cjbatyr
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I have been using it pretty extensively, and can confirm I have not run into any issues.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cjbatyr

Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy that everything is working well. 🙂

-Dave