Common error and feature request

jheirtzler
jheirtzler
Community Member

First, a feature request. Every time I log in to my bank 1Password asks to save my password, which I will never do. How do I tell it to stop asking? If there is a way that I'm missing, I wonder why the UX doesn't make it obvious.

Second, what does this error mean that keeps showing up when I try to save a new account?

Unable to fill password
We're unable to use the suggested password as an unexpected error occurred.

I know we can do better than this text which is so generic it's useless. 1Password saves it anyways. I keep thinking each release that someone at 1Password must surely have fixed both things, but it's been like this for a long time. Year? probably more.

Mac Sequoia 15.0.1, Arc browser, and probably Chrome. As I say both of these problems have been going on for a long time.

1Password Version: 8.10.48
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.0.1
Browser: Arc

Comments

• Hello @jheirtzler! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I'll respond below:

First, a feature request. Every time I log in to my bank 1Password asks to save my password, which I will never do. How do I tell it to stop asking? If there is a way that I'm missing, I wonder why the UX doesn't make it obvious.

1Password is designed to store all of your login credentials which is why it will prompt you to save your login after you type it into a website. You can turn 1Password off on a certain website until the next time that you restart your browser by right-clicking on the page in question and then clicking 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

There isn't currently a way to turn off 1Password for just one website indefinitely and I've filed a feature request on your behalf with our product team to have them consider adding such a feature.

Unable to fill password
    We're unable to use the suggested password as an unexpected error occurred.

I'm sorry that you're seeing an error message when you save a login. The next time that the issue occurs, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from 1Password in your browser:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (browser extension)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/148701/common-error-and-feature-request
    • Your forum username: jheirtzler

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: PB-43554313