Firefox Extension in windows 8.1

Hi to all,

I'am using Windows 8.1 from a bit, 1password is working fine except Firefox shortcuts. Shortcuts are not working in Firefox Version 23, 24 and 25 but working in IE 11. I tried in two computers same problem.

Hope you will solve my problem.
thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Hi, Mano.

I'm sorry you're having that problem, but I'm not able to reproduce it.

Using Firefox 25.0 in Windows 8.1 with the latest version of 1Password for Windows, pressing Ctrl+\ in Firefox correctly triggers a fill-in of the displayed login page with credentials saved in a Login item in 1Password.

When you have a minute to check the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences (in the main 1Password program), what is the label on the button next to Firefox?

Thanks for your help!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
  • Mano
    Mano
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

Hi,

Thanks for you.

@DBrown: If i'am correct, the labbel next to Firefox is "Installed 3.9.19"

@Stefan von Dutch I already tried all the method in your first link, and for the second link, i am not using any of the antivirus specified in the page; I"am using Norton 360.

I forget to specify the shortcuts work when i click on "Restart Password Helper" menu in 1Passwork program until i shutdown or restart. I need to click on this menu on each start to make work the shortcuts.

Thanks

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Mano have you tried to disable Norton 360? Some anti-virus "solutions" are notorious for blocking 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

We don't have any experience with Norton 360, @Mano, so if you find that disabling it does solve the problem, we'd love to mention that in the article cited above...especially if you figure out a way around the problem.

Thanks for your help!

• Mano
    Mano
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

I already tried before to post here.... The problem is that i tried in two computers and i got the problem in both

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Just to clarify, @Mano—do you mean you had the same problem with the 1Password extension not working in Firefox on two computers? If so, are you using Norton 360 on both of them?

• Mano
    Mano
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

Yes, i was also using Norton 360 in both computers.

But I solved the problem. I completely uninstalled Firefox with settings files and I installed the ESR version of Firefox. And now, the shortcuts seem to work.

@DBrown Did you did a clean install of Windows 8.1 or an upgrade with old data ? Because i only did upgrades from Windows 8 and Windows 7. Maybee, the firefox settings was corrupted during the upgrades: i think that was the reason why shortcuts was not working properly, i will try to install the normal version of firefox this night and let you know if that still works..

Thanks for your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I updated a virtual machine running Windows 8.1 Preview to the current purchased and downloaded version of Windows 8.1.

This discussion has been closed.