Can I roll back 1P v4 if I don't like it?

Options
rlf
rlf
Community Member

I'm a registered user of 1P. If I download version 4 for OS X and don't like it, can I roll back to v3.8? In my experience (and opinion) the majority of upgrades to applications I use have only made the product worse. In 1P's case, the new modal popup windows sound they'll be particularly intrusive and annoying. Thanks for your response.

Comments

• @rlf Yup, no problem downgrading. 1Password 4 for Mac can sync its data with 1Password 3 for Mac, so there’s no issue with compatibility.

The only thing to keep in mind if you are using the Mac App Store version is that there's no way to download an old version from the MAS. In that case you would need to switch to the AgileBits website version in order to go back to version 3.

With that said, I don't think you will ever go back to 1Password 3 after using 4. :D

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP wrote:

With that said, I don't think you will ever go back to 1Password 3 after using 4.

Could you please elaborate a little? What indispensable advantages do you see?

David

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@DavidB Sure, I can elaborate.

First of all, be sure to check out this blog post introducing 1Password 4, as it lists some of the big new features.

My favourite features:

• iCloud sync.
    • The new design and overall look of version 4.
    • Multiple/shared vaults.
    • Matches version 4 of the iOS app - bringing favourites, customs fields, etc.
    • And this is probably just me, but 1Password 3 was annoying to use with "fast user switching" - works perfectly in version 4.

But if you're thinking about upgrading, don't take my word for it - I suggest you download the 30 day free trial and try it out yourself.

Hope that helps! :D

This discussion has been closed.