Bundle Pricing with MAS/Windows versions?

Hey there,

I recently purchased 1Password on the Mac App Store, and I'm loving it so far! I'd known about 1Password for a long time, so when I decided to take the plunge I went directly to the MAS instead of the AgileBits website (I like using the app store for automatic updates and purchase syncing across devices).

If I had done the latter, however, I would've seen the Mac/Windows bundle pricing on the Store page. Since I have a Windows PC that I use regularly for gaming, I am considering getting the Windows version as well, but I'm sad that I missed out on the bundle pricing.

Is there any way that I can keep the Mac App Store version of 1Password and get a discounted Windows version to match the bundle pricing?

Cheers,
Eric Akaoka (hi Megan!)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@AkaoA, if you send your registration info to us (support@agilebits.com), we should be able to help you.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows!

• tiho
    tiho
    Community Member

I have purchased the bundle that allows for 5 installs (mac & pc). However, I didn't realise that shared vaults weren't yet available on the windows version - I read in the forums that a beta version will soon be released with that feature. My question is - will I be able to use my activation key for that version of 1P for windows, or will this be considered a major version, and I'll be asked to upgrade (+ associated cost)?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

It will be considered a major upgrade, but we have a long tradition of extremely liberal upgrade policies, so I shouldn't worry, @tiho. Thank you very much for choosing 1Password!

While you wait for version 4, be assured that the current version of 1Password for Windows can open any secondary vaults you create in 1Password for Mac. Just choose File > Open 1Password Data Folder, and select the .agilekeychain folder that corresponds to the secondary vault you want to open. That mechanism will be very much the same in version 4, by the way—only the terminology will change. (They'll be called "1Password vaults" rather than "1Password data folders," for example.)

I hope that helps, @tiho. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Note: The 1Password for Mac+Windows Family License doesn't allow for five installs. Instead—and much more liberal, in my opinion—it allows up to five family members living in the same household to install 1Password on as many Macs and PCs as they like.

• dhshin34
    dhshin34
    Community Member

Hi~
    It looks like I'm in the same situation with AkaokA.
    I bought 1Password for Mac from Mac App Store recently and thinking of buying Windows license as well.
    You mentioned that sending registration info to support@agilebits.com however I coundn't find any registraion info with my 1Password for Mac.
    Is my Itunes receit and order ID OK for registration info?
    Thanks in advance~

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sure that'll be sufficient, @dhshin34. We aim to please. :)

Thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.