Dropbox file location for MAS version

Options
Rich364
Rich364
Community Member

Does the Sandboxing Requirements (and the ability to sync with iOS devices) for the MAS version still require the 1Password file be located in the root folder of Dropbox (when selecting the Dropbox option to sync)? I know this use to be an issue and I'm having trouble finding out if this is still the case.

If it still is a requirement, my second question is... does the Website version allow me to move the 1Password file to a different folder within Dropbox and still allow it to sync to other computers and iOS devices?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Rich364

Does the Sandboxing Requirements (and the ability to sync with iOS devices) for the MAS version still require the 1Password file be located in the root folder of Dropbox

AFAIK yes its still a requirement.

does the Website version allow me to move the 1Password file to a different folder within Dropbox and still allow it to sync to other computers and iOS devices?

Yes you can move the folder and place it where ever you wish and sync with the iOS app. 1Password creates a pointer file in your Dropbox (hidden by default) that tells the iOS app where the data file lives.

The apps are basically identical except for iCloud sync on the Mac App Store version and living in the Apple walled garden. The website has no iCloud sync and allows more flexibility. I do own the Mac App Store version but I chose to use the web version due to its flexibility. The only thing that the iOS App cannot handle is multiple vaults thats coming in a future release.Currently all that the iOS can sync is the primary vault.

• Rich364
    Rich364
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks thightower... I've seen your replies both on this forum and the Dropbox forum... you're always very helpful.

I emailed 1Password support a couple of days ago about how to switch my license from the MAS version to the website version... hopefully they let me do it (and tell me how).

Thanks again.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Rich364

Give me a sec and Ill dig up the details so you can get it going before they even reply. ;)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Rich364

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. Makes my efforts worth while. Ok here is the technical stuff to peruse over while you wait. http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/mas-web.html

I am kinda partial to my post on the subject but thats just me. ;) http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/88340/#Comment_88340 or you can see the staffs post 2 below mine.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey @Rich364, you can switch to the AgileBits website version of 1Password by emailing support (support@agilebits.com) with a copy of your Mac App Store purchase receipt. You said that you emailed them a couple days ago, but if you didn't include a copy of the receipt I would would recommend sending that to speed up the process. Remember that there is an unrestricted 30 day free trial of the website version if you'd like to start using it ASAP.

If you're unsure how to get your MAS receipt, here's a summary of the process:

• Go into the iTunes Store within iTunes.
    • On the right column, under Quick Links, click Account.
    • Enter your iTunes password if prompted.
    • Scroll to the Purchase History section and click See All.
    • Find the entry in the list that has 1Password, and click the gray arrow on the left of that entry. The full receipt will load.
    • Take a screenshot of that entire window and send it to support.

(Or see a more detailed process by @thightower)

EDIT: Appears @thightower beat me to it, but hope this helps as well.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

LOL

@JasperP

Man, I lost my link to that subject and was scratching my head looking for it. Its too hard to look thru my previous posts. Thanks for jumping in. For a minute I was curious if I would find it at all.

• Rich364
    Rich364
    Community Member
    Options

Great stuff... yet again :-)

Thanks for the help... hopefully I can make the switch and setup things the way I'd like.

As I was typing this I saw the reply from JasperP as well... thanks! I think I'll take your advice and resend the email with the Receipt (and setup the trial version per thightower's instructions in the mean time).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rich364,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

It looks like @thightower and @JasperP have done a pretty great job answering your questions, but if you are still waiting to hear from support about your licensing issue, please let me know and I'll see if I can't find your email in the queue and get you sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.