Rich Icons: Some Pixelated/Not Matching

Options
8tracker
8tracker
Community Member

I just updated to Version 4.0.8 (408001) and now have rich icons. Hooray.

However, some rich icons are inconsistent between (from the left) the second list view panel, and the login detail window view (third panel). In some cases the icons are pixelated in the list view and fine in the detail view, in other cases (like the icon for this forum), the icons don't match at all.

In version 3x, I had inserted my own rich icons on all entries where 1Password did not insert an icon. After upgrading, all my icons disappeared (which was a big let down). I'm wondering if some of my old, manually inserted icons, are causing the problem, and how to correct it?

Comments

• Hey @8tracker, 1Password 4 handles icons completely differently than 1Password 3, so there is no sync/import between them.

For 1Password 4:

• If you have Use rich icons checked in preferences, then icons will be automatically downloaded from AgileBits' image server (they've got an extensive collection of icons, but nowhere near all sites).

• You can also set custom icons by dragging a image onto the default icon while in edit mode. These custom icons will sync between devices using 1Password 4.

More details about the automatically appearing icons from AgileBits' image server:

The rich icons are stored on our image service, which has an automated system to download the apple touch icons and if it doesn't exist, then favicons.

If it can find the Apple Touch icons, it'll use that as the source image and if not, it has to work with the low resolution favicons that'll look pixelated when it is scaled up in the main 1Password app.

For sites where it doesn't have a favicon or our image service can't retrieve it because it timed out or the site had an error, we'll record a negative hit on our image service and our interns will work on creating custom icons to store on the image service. We sort by the # of negative hits and process the most popular ones first.

If there are some sites where you need an icon right now, you can edit the item to store your own custom image.

So basically it will try and find the best image possible and use the apple-touch-icon if one is available for the site. However, for many websites only have a 16x16 favicon, which will obviously look smaller/low quality in 1Password. Does this sound like the issue you're describing?

This discussion has been closed.