Everything is gone ;-(

Options
cjoshea
cjoshea
Community Member

OK, I've been running 1Password 3 for a long time (like since it came out). Awhile ago I tried to update to version 4 and it failed, so I went back to using version 3. Also, I'm on a new iMac 27" Late 2013 running OS X 10.9. Today I decided it was time to make this work. Downloaded version 4 and all seemed fine. I was syncing with dropbox in version 3 but with version 4 I removed from dropbox and said I wanted to use iCloud.

I then went to my iPhone, deleted version 3 and downloaded version 4 from the app store. I said I wanted to sync with iCloud but nothing there. Did my research and found that iCloud only works between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, etc) or two Mac's but not devices. So I went back and changed my sync back to dropbox.

Now when I look at 1Password on my Mac it is completely empty. When I try to sync my iPhone I get an error.

Have many backups of 1Password 3 but nothing for version 4. (when I thought version 4 was fine I removed version 3 from my computer.)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjoshea,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Did my research and found that iCloud only works between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, etc) or two Mac's but not devices.

I'm not quite sure where you were researching, but iCloud sync should work between your Mac and your iOS devices, provided that you are using the same iCloud account on all computers and devices.

Now, I'm not quite sure what happened here, so I think the quickest way to get this sorted out is to see a Diagnostic Report from you computer.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.