Cannot Install Google Chrome Extenesion

Options
covisp
covisp
Community Member

When I click the big button I get: There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again.

I have it installed in Safari.

(OS X 10.9)

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@covisp

Seems to be intermittent clicking the button again on my end resulted in a successful install on the 3rd attempt.

• covisp
    covisp
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I have many more than 3 attempts. I've tried to install it maybe 100 times since 1Password 4 came out. No useful erro message, so nothing I can even trouble shoot.

02-Dec-13 7:47:57.068 AM Google Chrome Helper[90273]: Process unable to create connection because the sandbox denied the right to lookup com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd and so this process cannot talk to launchservicesd. : LSXPCClient.cp #426 ___ZN26LSClientToServerConnection21setupServerConnectionEiPK14__CFDictionary_block_invoke() q=com.apple.main-thread
    02-Dec-13 7:47:57.068 AM Google Chrome Helper[90273]: Process unable to create connection because the sandbox denied the right to lookup com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd and so this process cannot talk to launchservicesd.
    02-Dec-13 7:47:57.074 AM Google Chrome Helper[90273]: CGSLookupServerRootPort: Failed to look up the port for "com.apple.windowserver.active" (1100)
    02-Dec-13 7:47:57.089 AM Google Chrome Helper[90274]: Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

• covisp
    covisp
    Community Member
    Options

That link installed the 1Password 3 extension, which screwed everything up. However, I was able to find the 1P4 version on the Chrome store, and that installed without an issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really sorry about that, @covisp. I've deleted my post with the incorrect info/link.

This discussion has been closed.