Changing Passwords Suggestions

Options
pbedouk
pbedouk
Community Member

Hi ... following your recent good advice in a recent blog posting, I attempted to update my twitter password to a strong one. I have the following 2 suggestions to make this process easier.

(1) include a strong password generator link in the left sidebar of the 1Password app (not only the browser extension).
(2) after updating the password on the website, and having 1Password save the new password, the app should refresh the entry showing the new password. As it is, the old password remains displayed until stopping and restarting the app or navigating away and back.

Peter.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Pete ( @pbedouk ).

Thanks for the suggestions. We may already have them both covered. :)

1. @MikeT wrote:

As Stephen_C points out, you can click into the password field to bring up the password generator in the main app. We're working on a better design for this in a future update to 1Password.

1. A general issue with item details not refreshing in cases when they should is resolved in the 4.1 beta.

And speaking of Twitter password updates, this document happens to use it as an example:

How to Update A Password On A Website

I hope that's helpful.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk,

This is very helpful information, but shouldn't it be in the 1P Knowledgebase?

David

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @DavidB.

Does @Megan's recent reply sufficiently answer that question? :)

This discussion has been closed.