1Password Firefox plugin keeps reading icon

Options
kingbird
kingbird
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I'm using the menu bar helper app rather than the firefox plugin but need the plugin to identify the sites. I thus want to hide the icon but each time I reload Firefox the icon comes back. I'm on OS X 10.9 and Firefox 25.0.1.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @kingbird,

Unfortunately it is not possible to hide the extension icon. As far as I know, this is a Firefox feature put in place to prevent extensions being installed in a way that the user is not aware of. I apologize for the inconvenience here :)

• kingbird
    kingbird
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that's it actually.

I have other plugins that I can install and hide the icon for (e.g. HTTPS everywhere). In addition to that I can't even move the icon to the Add-on bar at the bottom instead of having it in the menu bar without it being automatically moved back up to the menu bar after a while. That doesn't seem like standard behaviour to me...

Kind regards,
    Christian

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Christian ( @kingbird ).

Thanks for the additional information. Even if you create a new toolbar, move the 1P4 extension icon there, then hide the new toolbar when Firefox is restarted that new toolbar with the 1P4 icon will reappear. I'm filing a report about this in our tracker.

• kingbird
    kingbird
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect! Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @kingbird. Enjoy your holidays! :)

• kingbird
    kingbird
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. I was just wondering if you are making any progress on fixing this? Can you give some estimation as to when we can expect to see it fixed?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingbird,

Thanks for checking back about this. There's no new news at the moment but I'll be sure to reminder the developers it's still an open issue.

This discussion has been closed.