Sidebar Items Missing

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

I have no Tags or Password History in the sidebar of 1Password on my Mac. How do I get them back?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My own experience has been that categories that are empty don't appear in the sidebar. Not sure if that explains your situation, but maybe it will help. I know I didn't see Tags until I tagged a couple of records.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I thought of that a while ago. And now that I have created a Tag on an item, Tags shows in the sidebar. Thanks for the tip...

However, my logins do have lots of "previously used passwords". Alas..."Password History" still does not show in the sidebar.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

When I create a new login, I get an entry in the Passwords category, as well as in Logins. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for or not. I don't think I've paid attention in the past to "password history." I do see that in records for logins where I have changed a password, there is a button to clock labeled "Previously used passwords."

Maybe that's what you're looking for? Like this:

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

No...I do have the Previously saved passwords on the edit page of any stored login. I have been describing items missing from the sidebar... On this screen capture, bottom left above Trash.

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

@VirgilBoy That's an old screenshot from a beta version before 1Password 4 was released. The Password History category is now called Passwords and exists under the Categories heading. And if the Passwords category isn't there, remember that empty categories don't appear in the sidebar.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

OK...led down the garden path...haha. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

Please note also that the Passwords category is not the same thing as your previously used passwords saved with Logins items. While some of the values may match they serve two different purposes. Case in point: you ask 1Password to generate a password for www.example.com and save it. You will have generated something that shows up in Passwords. If you also saved a Logins item using that password then it becomes part of that item's history... initially as a password field and if later changed on that site it will be shuffled into the Previously used passwords section of the item. The entry in Passwords does not need to remain there however for that Logins item to retain its current password or its history. That's where clicking on Passwords and choosing its Remove Redundant option comes into play: if a Passwords item exists that matches up with a Logins item then the Passwords item is removed.

I hope that fills in any remaining gaps.

This discussion has been closed.