iCloud password?

Options
craiger12
craiger12
Community Member

Upgraded to ver 4, decided to use iCloud for syncing, but when I choose it, it says that data on ICloud is there and will be merged. I click OK but it requires a password that apparently I don't have and no way to change it. I tried my master password for 1Password, for iCloud, for Apple, and everything else. How do I access the data there if it won't accept my passwords? I can access iCloud just fine with all my other apps.

Comments

• Joanika
    Joanika
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If there isn't any reason to keep the data that is currently causing you this confusion in iCloud, turn off syncing in the 1Password preferences. Then you could go to the iCloud pane in System Preferences and open that. Then click the Manage button in the bottom right corner. That will show you what is being stored in iCloud. Delete the entry for one password. That will remove the old data in iCloud.

Then return to 1Password preferences and turn syncing to iCloud back on. 1{Password will make a new database on iCloud that is your current version on your Mac. Your conflict should be gone.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @craiger12 and @Joanika,

Are you having any Master Password issues that you'd still like help with since @hawkmoth posted information I hope helped you resolve them? :)

This discussion has been closed.