Aborted conversion during 3 to 4 upgrade. How to re-start?

Options
djvanmaren
djvanmaren
Community Member

I had purchased version 3 (a long time ago) from the web store, and it is still working properly.

Then, I went to purchase version 4 in the MAS, and I installed that version.

When I first launched it, I had to point it to the right data in my Dropbox folder. It seemed happy, but then was taking a very long time before it would open the "doors" and show passwords. So, I went to try to make sure the Safari plug-in for version 3 had properly synched with 1Password 3, following your instructions. It instructed me to kill the 1Password 4 and mini processes, which I did.

1Password 4 never did open, but when I re-launched it, it prompted me for my password as usual. This time, it did open, but there were no passwords present.

My guess is that I aborted the normal upgrade process when I killed 1Password 4, and it never completed whatever conversion it needed of my 1Password 3 information.

Now I cannot find a way to get 1Password 4 to retry the conversion process. 1Password 3 still seems to work fine, as does the Safari extension. Note that I removed the old one, and then installed the new one (I thought), but it is still running 3.9.1.9.

What is the right way to move forward?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @djvanmaren,

Sorry to hear about the problems with 1Password 4! Please try these steps to get your data into 1Password 4:

• Open 1Password 4 on the Mac and go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync
    • Click "Change Syncing" then choose "Disable Sync" (do NOT check the box to delete data from Dropbox)
    • Re-enable sync with Dropbox and choose the folder in Dropbox that contains your 1Password keychain
    • Click "Continue" and allow 1Password to sync with your data in Dropbox

Hopefully that's all it takes!

This discussion has been closed.