all sorts of difficulty after upgrading to 1password 4

Options
Sameer Parekh
Sameer Parekh
Community Member

Hello everyone. I've been using 1password 3 with some success, but for some unknown reason I upgraded to 4. What a mistake. I am hoping I can get some help here.

The short version: I am able to launch 1password regularly, and when I give it my password, it unlocks nicely. However there are two keys in my menu bar, one is unlocked and gives me a nice 1password mini interface, but the second one gives me an unlock password window when I click it. I enter my password into that one, and it doesn't work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my chrome extension multiple times, and it still doesn't work. When I click the key in my chrome toolbar, it asks for my 1password password but it keeps telling me that it is wrong. I clearly have the right password because that password works fine in the regular 1password app.

Can anyone help me out here?

1password used to be so great, now it isn't working!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sameer,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Did you participate in our beta program? It sounds like you may have an extra copy of 1Password Mini causing some confusion. There are steps here on how to properly remove the extra Mini.

If you are seeing multiple keys in your browser, it could be that the version 3 extensions were not properly uninstalled. Here's how to Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions. You can download the version 4 extensions here.

I hope this helps, but if we can be of any further assistance, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.