Accidentally sharing private password with shared vault

Options
user552200
user552200
Community Member

Could you please add the option to check an "Warning! Are you sure you want to share this password in your shared vault?" box if you are saving a new password to a shared vault?

I wanted to save a password to my primary vault, and it was only a day later that I realised that it was saved into my shared vault and that my colleagues could see the password.

I've now become totally paranoid and recheck my shared vaults multiple times to see if I've made another error. This is potentially hugely consequential :-/

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @user552200,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll let our developers know about that idea, I think it could be helpful for others as well!

For now, keep in mind that when saving a login from a browser, you can check which vault it will be saved to in the window that pops up (click on the vault icon that appears on the left of that window). Or you can check which vault is being used at any time from 1Password mini (click the 1Password mini icon in the browser or menu bar, then click the vault icon).

Hopefully those tips will help keep you from getting too paranoid. :)

This discussion has been closed.