Problems with folder sync

Options
JC_Denton
JC_Denton
Community Member

Hello,

I'm currently giving 1password for Mac a trial. I populated a vault and had been using it successfully for a week or two. Before I went on travel, I setup folder syncing. I installed 1password on my laptop, rsync'd the sync folder, and specified it as the data source for the laptop's copy of 1password. So far, so good.

I add some new passwords while I'm away on travel. I want to sync these back to my home (main) 1password. I close 1password on both ends, rsync from the laptop to the desktop (using -E to get the extended attributes) and fire up the home 1password. No sign of the new or updated passwords.

Am I missing something obvious? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• JC_Denton
    JC_Denton
    Community Member
    Options

I think I actually resolved this by stopping and re-enabling sync on the primary 1password system.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @JC_Denton.

I'm glad you were able to resolve your temporary trouble with Folder syncing. Did you only disable/reenable it on your desktop Mac? If you'd like to send a Diagnostics Report from that Mac I can check logs for a possible bug we'd fix; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.