Unable to sync through iCloud to a second Mac

Options
mikeroberts
mikeroberts
Community Member

I recently purchased 1Password and installed on my primary Mac, iPhone and iPad. I am able to sync through iCloud on these devices without a problem. When I aded my backup Mac and tried to sync using iCloud, it is not working, even though it appears I have everything setup correctly. I even tried opening a couple of photos and PDFs and moving them to iCloud as suggested in the Knowledgebase. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeroberts,

Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices. Because iCloud is a closed system to us and we cannot directly initiate a sync, this step is really important!

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

This discussion has been closed.