How to install Safari Extension

Options
Putin
Putin
Community Member

I saw that 1Password4 requires installing an extension to Safari , but I see no instructions to follow

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Open 1Password, go to Preferences > Browser and click on Install Browser Extensions. That will take you to the right page and it should be easy from there.

Stephen

• Putin
    Putin
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

OK ty. It works. But I had to uninstall the old extension first.
    Another question plz.
    I see "categories" and wonder how to move items between categories
    F ex I have some items in Logins, which would be better moved to Bank Accounts

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

At present, the only way to move items among categories is to make a new entry in your desired location and the delete the old record. Lots of people would like to be able to drag things from place to place, but if you think about this a little, it's easy to see why doing that isn't necessarily simple. The fields in the different categories are quite distinct from one another. For example, if you have a Secure Note that you would like to move to Logins, there isn't any way for the application to recognize what in the Note is a username or password, in order to put it in the right place.

Nevertheless, I agree that it would be great if at some future time the developers could make it possible to reorganize data without having to reenter it all.

This discussion has been closed.