"Log in" button not executed

Options

I have a few sites that I log into that seem to not "press" the "log in" button. To explain further, when I log into a site, the user name and password blanks are filled by 1Password, but I have to click on the "log in" button. Most sites automatically make the log in. What am I missing?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It could be simply that the sites are coded in such a way that it's not possible for 1Password to submit the forms.

If you're willing to share a few example URLs, we'd love to take a look, in case there's something we can do to improve 1Password's success rate.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Thanks, @sturpe!

I just tried the Sam's Club address in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. In IE and Safari, the 1Password extension fills and submits the form; in Chrome and Firefox,the extension fills the form but doesn't submit it.

At the rr.com URL, the extensions in Firefox and Safari fill and submit the form; the extensions in IE and Chrome fill but do not submit it.

Note that a Login item for the Sam's Club URL works in all four browsers, using 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development...so there's hope!

Sad to say, even with the current extensions for 1Password 4, a Login item for the rr.com URL can be used for go&fill in Safari but not simply to fill, and the extension for Safari does not submit the form. (The 1Password 4 extensions for IE, Chrome, and Firefox fill and submit the form.)

This discussion has been closed.