Share Windows login, but use separate iOS devices. Sync via Dropbox

Hi,

I've been trying to look for a thread that would answer my question but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully I'm not repeating this topic.

I bought a 1Password license for my iPhone and downloaded a 30-day trial for my PC (Windows 7 64-bit). I'm syncing via Dropbox and using the Chrome plug-in to browse in my PC.

I'm very happy with the results, but before I purchase the full license, I'd like to understand how could I get this to work with my partner as well, which will mean the following:

2 separate iPhone (iOS7) with different iTunes account. I assume we'll have to pay two iOS licenses separately.
1 Windows license for the PC.

How will I need to set it up for us to share the same PC? at the moment, we are using the same Windows login (and not intending to create a separate one, just for this). She doesn't have a separate Dropbox account at the moment, but we could create one if indispensable, although not sure if both could be running in the PC at the same time.

Ideally, I would like to have separate Master passwords and vaults, not shared and/or visible whatsoever from one to another. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Comments

• alfosodelucas
    alfosodelucas
    Community Member

I forgot to mention, we are currently using the same Windows login, however we use different Chrome profiles, so we can save different bookmarks. I hope this would help to carry on making use of the Chrome plug-in for both of use.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

My advice is NOT to use the same Windows login. Use separate Windows logins and separate Dropbox accounts.

Assuming your 1Password keychain is in Dropbox, simply share the agilekeychain folder with your partner (assuming she has a Dropbox account too).

Right-click > Dropbox > Share this folder...

• alfosodelucas
    alfosodelucas
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. Quick question, if I share the agilekeychain folder, would that mean that we both need to use the same 1Password vault in the PC and hence share the same Master Password (which will give access to each other to all logins)? or how would 1Password (PC) differentiate her Master password from mine?

Thank you.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

if I share the agilekeychain folder, would that mean that we both need to use the same 1Password vault and hence share the same Master Password?

Yes. You are essentially opening the same Vault.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If more than one person is using 1Password for Windows, even if it's to open the same 1Password data folder using the same Windows user account on the same PC, our licensing model requires that you obtain a "family" license for 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.