Registration of 1PW 4 when I have 1PW3 -- not perfect

Options
Locker
Locker
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

1PW Mac 4.3.BETA-1

OSX 10.9.2

This test cost money... Do try it at home.

I got the Mac-Win Family bundle again. We are 'together' since 2007. Time pass by...

I had/still have 1PW3 (name: "1Password.app"), and started to use 1PW4 (name: "1Password 4.app")

After purchasing the license, the web page had "Click here to automatically add your license". I clicked. Seems to request (onepasswd://register/...). Nothing seems to happen. Then probably 1PW3 was called. I removed 1PW3 (zipped it and deleted the app). I tried to click again, but got an alert: "There is no application set to open the URL "onepasswd://register/..."

I don't recall if I tried again with a renamed "1Password 4.app" to "1Password.app", but basically I could not get the registration to work.

I then went to "please refer to this guide" and got the license file. Using it, I was able to register ok. (BTW: when you mentioned "this guide", I didn't expect to find there the registration file but only a guide. Probably you should clarify: like: "get a license file and register manually~, see guide < here >"

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Locker,

Thanks for reporting this! It's currently a known issue that the Click here to automatically add your license link does not work for some users. Our licensing back office is sending the wrong link (onepasswd:// - which is for 1Password 3) to certain users.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and please know that we are already working to fix this.

This discussion has been closed.