Can't update to 4.2.2

Options
dmendel
dmendel
Community Member

I get prompted to update from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2. I install update. Everything is fine. I confirm I have 4.2.2 installed. Next time I log in to my account, it has reverted back to 4.2.1 and I am prompted to install 4.2.2. I have now done this three times. Any ideas?

I am running OSX 10.9.2 on a late-2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmendel,

I'm sorry you're having this issue with keeping the 1Password 4.2.2 update installed. We've had some reports of the 1Password Updater possibly misbehaving and are still investigating the problem. To work around that, please try manually downloading and reinstalling the 1Password 4 application:

• Open the Download AgileBits Software page in your web browser.
    • Under 1Password 4 for Mac, click the blue Download Now button to download version 4.2.2 (or whatever the latest version is).
    • This downloaded file comes wrapped in a ZIP file. What happens with this ZIP file depends on how your browser is configured:

• Some browsers will automatically open safe files. In this case, the file will be automatically unzipped for you and you will see “1Password 4” in your Downloads folder.
      • If the file wasn’t automatically unzipped for you, you will instead see a ZIP file in your Downloads folder. Double-click this file to unzip it.
    • Drag 1Password 4 from your Downloads folder into your main Applications folder, replacing the older version you'd previously been using. Please do not use any "app delete/cleaner" utility to remove 1Password.

I hope that freshly installed version will keep the updater happy. Please let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.