Logging in to www.mymedicare.gov with 1Password 4

Options
Samtheman67
Samtheman67
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Believe it or not I can not get 1Password to log in on the first page of my Bank. Tried the gear and changed name. When I log in it post my id
and next it is a blank entry and cant not log in. It looks like it trying but not getting the log on started. As i say it fills the log on name then it is blank
Any ideas?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67,

Please try saving a new login manually (if you haven't already):

Saving a new Login manually

If that doesn't work, please let me know the URL of the login page. Thanks! :)

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

I have done that. I got it to fill in the correct id but I still have to click the log in button. After that Ali have each screen saved and can log in fine after that. I am a senior and use my medicare.com to log on to information. 1password will save just fine. Go to log in goes back to a screen to Lon in.tried to save each different screen but no luck there. Hoping someone has this one figured out. Lot of old folkes use this site.

• Jasper
    Options

I wasn't able to see a place to login on medicare.com. Could you please post the URL of the login page?

Thanks in advance!

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

https://mymedicare.gov/
    Hope this is what you want. There is a pop up screen after you log in that you have to say ok to.
    Before they let you into the site to get your information. That happens on a manual log in. You never see that screen on the automatic login with 1password. It goes bak to a screen where you have to try a log on again.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67‌,

Thanks so much for providing that URL. You're right, this site is being a bit difficult. Now, I've passed this site along to our tech gurus to see if we can't improve 1Password's skills here in the future. For now, here are the results of my testing:

• Using @JasperP's steps above, I created a test Login
    • This Login did not work when I clicked the website when viewing the Login in the main app (I was taken to an 'Error' page)
    • However, when I was viewing https://mymedicare.gov/, ⌘\ would fill and submit the details correctly
    • Also, using ⌘\ to open 1Password Mini and selecting the 'MyMedicare' Login from the list opens the correct website, fills and submits correctly.

I'd love to know the version number of your copy of 1Password. You can find this in the 1Password > About 1Password menu. Please also let me know which browser you are using, and the steps that you are taking to use the MyMedicare Login. I'm curious if the steps that work for me are also working for you!

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

1Password 4 version is 4.1.2(412009) Will give command / try
    Thanks

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Tried the command\ did not work for me. Took me to medicare.gov screen. The screen had at the top right corner to click to long on went there and the logon took be back to the same screen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67‌,

The sign-in page that we're trying to fill should be on the mymedicare.gov main page. I'm including a screenshot of what I see at https://mymedicare.gov/

Is your information not filling these fields when using the ⌘\ shortcut?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

I just attempted to log in to mymedicare.gov with ⌘\ in Safari. On my first attempt, the login fields did not fill. But when I placed the cursor in the Username box and then typed ⌘\, it did fill and log me in correctly.

On subsequent attempts, it has filled properly when I just type ⌘\, without having to put the cursor in the Username filed first. I also tried this with Firefox, and it also filled and submitted properly without my needing to place the cursor first.

So, in short, I could reproduce the problem once, but since then, I cannot.

OS X 10.9.2, Safari Version 7.0.3 (9537.75.14), 1Password 4 Version 4.3.BETA-8 (430008). 1Password and Safari were updated just before I preformed the tests. Firefox is no longer my preferred browser, but I have version 28.0.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

When I use Control \ it fills in but I keep getting this screen. You got the right screen.
    http://www.medicare.gov/site-search/search-results.html?q=

It not going to my account. It will if I fill it in manually

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Oh I am using Chrome 33.0.1750.152

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

When I go the www.mymedicare.gov, I get the screen that @Megan showed in her post above. With the exception of the one time I described earlier, ⌘\ correctly fills in the login fields shown in Megan's screen capture and submits them. Then a popup appears asking me to verify some stuff, and when I then click OK, I am successfully logged in.

When I click on the link in @Samtheman67 provided, I get a different screen. I do see that this is a www.medicare.gov site, not www.mymedicare.gov. On that screen, there is an option in the upper right corner to go to the login screen for my account at mymedicare. That link takes me to the page Megan illustrated, where 1Password then successfully logs me in as I've just described. Is it possible that you are not going directly to my medicare.gov? I hope that helps; I don't want to insult, but maybe I misunderstand.

Edit: I also meant to say that I have had the same success with Chrome Version 33.0.1750.152

Here is what I see when I click Samtheman67's link:

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct. You are getting it right. What is happening to me. is when I log in it goes to to the link that I posted instead of loging into my account with the screen that you verify some stuff. The login is taking to this link.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67,

Please try editing your Login and replacing the URL that you have with the URL that I have posted. Since it seems to work for both @hawkmoth and I, I'm hoping that it works for you as well!

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Well copied link tried it still on luck. Will keep on trying to figure it out. Thanks for the help.Any new ideas would be appreciated. Got all my other stuff
    set up in 1Password 4 but this one. I even completely deleted the log in and tried and keep getting the same results.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67‌,

Please try this:

• Download this Login file
    • Double-click to import into 1Password
    • Change the username and password to your own information, and change the title if you'd like.

• Click on the 1Password Mini in your menu bar (the key icon)

• Select this new 'Mymedicare' Login from the list and click on it
    • Does it open and fill in your browser correctly?
  • Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Changed user name and password to my own information. Also changed the web site to https://mymedicare.gov/ Went to the web site and used
    password mini to try to log in. No luck got another different link to medicare. Did I do it right?

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

It did fill in the information but did not get me into the proper place. It throws me into that link why I have no idea. It is the link Hawkmoth has a picture
    of.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67‌,

I'm curious, why did you change the website in the Login that I sent? I was hoping that you would try it with the website as is, because that seems to work on my end.

In any case, this is clearly a site that 1Password could do better on, and I've filed a request in our issue tracker. Hopefully our filling gurus can get 1Password behaving more reliably here in the future.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Edit: Never mind that I said, "I don't know if this is a problem, but adding https:// isn't required and isn't in my record for my account."

Edit: Well, I see that when I turn on edit for the record that @Megan supplied, the edit screen shows two URLs, the first with the https:// prefix. That doesn't show when I simply view the record. In my own record, I only have one URL, and when I open it in edit, the https:// prefix is included.

So, in the spirit of trying to see what's going on, I saved the file from the link and removed the .txt suffix from it, leaving only .1pif. I opened 1Password, double clicked on the mymedicare.1pif file, and then opened the resulting new login record. I added my username and my correct password. That's the only modification I made. After saving the edited record, I clicked on the first of the two URLs shown in the record. It took me to the page @Magan illustrated and automatically filled in my username and password. It stopped there intend of automatically submitting the information, but when I returned to the record to see why, I found that Megan has turned off auto submit in the record. When I changed to "Submit when enabled," it then did auto submit my information and the screen to OK popped up. Clicking OK completed the login and took me to my account.

So Megan's record works just fine for me.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@Megan - I don't think there is really a problem with this site, at least in my hands. I went back and reviewed your account of your initial experience with it. you said:

This Login did not work when I clicked the website when viewing the Login in the main app (I was taken to an 'Error' page)

This is just to report than in my own record for this site in the main application, if I click on the website field (URL), I am taken to the site, where my credentials are correctly filled in and submitted. I don't have the experience that you describe. The only problem I had was the very first time that I attempted to login in after reading this thread. As I reported, on that first attempt, my credentials weren't filled, but on every attempt since, my credentials have been properly filled and submitted, including in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thank you for your help. All I know is yes it fills in the information but does not get me log in to
    my account. When I manually log in no problem. The verify may be the problem. I just purchased
    1Password 4 and even got my bank with 3 page log in to work. This was the only site I had trouble with.
    Any other ideas will be appreciated. I not a guru so the simpler the better.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Since it works correctly for me, I guess I can't help any further. I was hoping maybe there was a difference between my approach and yours that might be helpful. That seems not to have worked out. Best of luck.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks so much for testing here. This could be a version issue, as I'm primarily using the Mac App Store release version and you're using the beta. :) I am glad to hear that things are working smoothly for you in the beta.

Now, @Samtheman67‌,

Could you explain how it "does not get me log in to my account"? If the information is filling correctly, if you click the Login button, what happens?

In order to better understand where things are going wonky here, please provide the exact steps that you take to log in here. Include what you expect to happen with each step, and what actually happens. If it's easier, feel free to include screenshots as well. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. Simply attach the .jpg or .png file using the 'Attach a file' button to your reply.

Thanks for your patience as we work to sort this out.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Using 4.1.2 (412009) Down loaded from i tunes store
    Using Google Chrome 33.0.1750.152

Go to mymedicare.gov
    Put in my user name and password
    Click Sign In
    Get Message Screen an Click OK to Continue this message is a pop up saying i agrees with them how I am using the gov site
    1Password Save Login Pops Up and saved with my name my medicare
    After this was done I was log on to my account. I signed out
    I then went back to mymedicare.gov. Tried to log back in using Command-\ it filled in mymedicare screen and sent me to a link screen

attached is the log in screen and next attached picture is where I wind up after using 1Password.

do you need any more information I think it might be the pop up screen where I have to say ok and it then logs on to my account.This screen
    appears between the site screen and actual log in and when I use 1Password I get the link screen which is attached

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Samtheman67‌,

Thanks for providing those detailed steps! That gives me a much better idea of what's going on here. I think what might be happening here is that you are clicking the 'Sign In' button before asking 1Password to save the Login. Please follow these steps to save a new Login:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site.

Please be sure to ask 1Password to save your information before you click the 'Sign-In' button. This should get your information saved correctly.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

You are going to hate me. Still get the same results. It fills in the site fine but where it goes after that is a only anyone can guess because I still get the same screen. No log in to my account. I actually went in 1Password 4 and deleted the medicare entry and redid the steps again and still same problem.When it logs on it zooms so fast all you see is the last screen which I sent you. Maybe we will figure it out one of these days. ~X(

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

This is going way far afield, but I wonder whether you have any extensions installed in your browser that might be interfering. I only ask because I had an entirely different application where I went back and forth with a develop about odd display behavior, which finally got traced to an extension that I no longer used. Once I removed it, the site began to behave.

Obviously, I'm now grasping at straws!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was just going to ask the same thing, @hawkmoth. :)

After thoroughly and successfully testing this it seems there must be an issue with the Login item and/or Chrome that's preventing it from working properly for @Samtheman67. With or without autosubmit, I always end up seeing:

We are determined to get this resolved for you, @Samtheman67.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk, that is also what I always see, either after 1Password auto submits my credentials, or after I press the sign in button if auto submit is turned off.

This discussion has been closed.