Sync OS X and iOS

Options
Xander
Xander
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I have 1Password 4.1.2 on 2 Mac systems from the App Store and on my iPhone and iPad and synced to iCloud. The Mac versions are not syncing with IOS versions? I have searched this forum but can't find a specific thread that explains what I need to do? Thanks for anyone's help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Xander,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• Larry Edelstein
    Larry Edelstein
    Community Member
    Options

20 minutes?

I've got 1P on two Macs and an iPad. On this Mac, I've reset the syncing, but it doesn't seem to be syncing. What the heck is it waiting for? What's this 20-minute delay about?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync is not invariably instantaneous (as I've experienced synchronising contacts).

Stephen

• Xander
    Xander
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the steps indicated above and still do not have results? ...any other suggestions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Xander,

I'm sorry to hear that the steps above didn't get you all sorted out! There are a few other quick things to check here:

• Ensure that you're logged in to the same iCloud account on all devices
    • Ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices

If this is the case, and you're still not seeing any data, we're going to need a bit more information to get things sorted out here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.