Heartbleed and updating passwords

Options
BobMeyers
BobMeyers
Community Member

I've been going thru my Web sites and updating passwords. 1Password (very latest; just checked for update) has had two problems. First, when I've generated a pw on a site, the new password first showed up in the password category then disappeared. Second, when changing a pw on a site, 1Password did NOT prompt to update the password for that site (I had to do manually).
FYI, I have not restarted my Mac as yet, as that should not be the problem...

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

me too - I had to change the passwords manually in 1PW. I was not prompted for the new password (used Password generator), nor was the new password listed in 1Password - changed them manually on the main list. This shouldn't happen should it?

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto - I used the pw generator to generate a new password, but 1Password would not save the new password that was generated. It also would not save it to the clipboard so I could copy it.

• bilbomacuser
    bilbomacuser
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. I assumed 1Password would make this easy, but it isn't, and I'm subsequently having to log out, log in, update or save password, check 1Password manually, then delete the old version.

• roustem
    edited April 2014
    Options

I am sorry about the trouble!

Would I be able to recreate this problem? Where does it happen and what version of the browser extension (Safari > Preferences > Extensions) are you using?

• @ewiesner26,

Please check that "Copy to Clipboard Before Filling" option is enabled:

• @BobMeyers‌

When a password is generated for the website it is always saved in Passwords category. This helps to make sure that the generated password is never lost.

Later, if you update a login (or create a new login) with this password, the Password item is removed to avoid duplication,

• @bilbomacuser‌

I am not sure I understood the message about deleting the old version. There should be an option to update the existing item:

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I checked to be certain that the option to save to the clipboard was checked. I am using the most current version from the App Store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ewiesner26‌

Could you please look in Preferences > Extensions in your browser to get the version number of the extension? Specific numbers help us here because the developers have been making frequent feature updates and improvements, and knowing which version you have will give us a better chance to recreate the issue. :)

• JimH
    JimH
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having similar problems. In fact 1PW is currently more of a liability than a help

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Jim,

Could you please look in Preferences > Extensions in your browser to get the version number of the extension? Specific numbers help us here because the developers have been making frequent feature updates and improvements, and knowing which version you have will give us a better chance to recreate the issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.