triangles gone - have to hover

Options
evilblender
evilblender
Community Member

I couldn't figure out how to search for this exactly...
In an earlier version of 1Password I would click on the menubar icon, and it would list logins that were available for the domain (if there were more than one) and I could click on the arrow/triangle off to the right hand side of the login. This would let me quickly see if I was about to use the login that I was expecting to use. (quick check for login name or creation date etc.)

In the new version - this doesn't seem to happen - I have to hover my mouse over the menu, and then wait for the info to pop up.
At first I thought I was just being impatient and needed to just calm down... however, I have come to terms with my impatience... I want to be able to get the info immediately when I click - not after the delay built in with the hover.

Did I change a preference that could be causing this? Or did something change behind the scene in 1Password mini?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeff ( @evilblender‌ ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in to us about 1Password! What you mention here is actually a designed change. The triangles are used in the Mini to indicate a submenu. Items that are clickable (like your Logins) can be hovered over to see the details, but only the menus themselves have a disclosure triangle.

I hope this helps to explain things, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• gracion
    gracion
    Community Member
    Options

I switched to iPassword 4 several days ago and am not used to this either. But I just noticed that with an item selected, the right arrow key immediately opens the detail pane, no waiting. Using arrow keys generally may end up being a nice way to use the Mini.

• Jasper
    Options

You're correct, @gracion. When you navigate with the arrow keys, there is no delay. :)

• evilblender
    evilblender
    Community Member
    Options

@jasper‌ @Megan‌, It is possible that I'm doing something wrong...
    It turns out that the reason that I have to use the mouse so often is because when I hit the keyboard command to bring up mini - the browser auto-fills my credentials (which are usually the wrong credentials! - hehe)
    Additionally, when I click the menu - I see only 1 listing, and then a line that says 'show 7 more'

So, I really HAVE to use my mouse, and once my hand is on the mouse - going to the arrow keys is awkward...

So - I'm still wishing that you had that menu immediately fill without the wait.

However, if you have any advice to make the keyboard shortcut NOT auto fill the web page, but instead show all my options in the mini menu, I could use keyboard commands to easily navigate then.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your responses.
    Jeff

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Try using Option-Command-\ to open the mini without filling in the login form. That works for me.

• evilblender
    evilblender
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @oshloel‌ I'll give that a shot.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

Some other keyboard shortcuts for 1Password mini usage are mentioned in this blog post:

1Password 4.3 for Mac: The full release notes

This discussion has been closed.