1Password 4.5: Dropbox Sync requires set-up

Options
1235»

Comments

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

Step 4: Select Vault If you already have 1Password data in Dropbox… in the screenshot in your directions it shows the vault in dropbox so the user can choose it. when I get to this screen it is just a blank white screen with nothing to select. It does not display my dropbox vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1‌

Thanks for confirming that for me. Let's try re-linking your Dropbox account. When you're viewing the list of available Dropbox accounts (most people will have only one account here, unless you have Dropbox for business enabled), tap on the ⓘ next to the account to view the details. You can un-link it here. Once it's unlinked, select Dropbox again to re-connect. This should show the available vaults!

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

sorry that didn't seem to work. When I re-link with dropbox, it just does the same thing... back to the empty white screen :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1,

I'm sorry to hear that! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

To send a Diagnostic Report from your iOS device: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for staying with me on this. unfortunately I cannot get to the settings option in 1password for iOS. Because I have not been able to get pas the initial setup, it just takes me to the welcome sreen every time I launch it. I don't see a way to get to settings.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1,

Ok, let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS first then, and if things are still going wonky, we'll snag a Diagnostic Report from your main computer to see if that gives us any hints.

To start fresh with 1Password 4 for iOS, please try:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a fresh install shows you the proper keychains in Dropbox, but if not, please follow my instructions above to create a Diagnostic Report from your main computer, and we'll take a look!

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately reinstalling the iOS app didn't work - I got the same result. I just sent the report from my mac to you at the email address listed above (support+forum@agilebits.com).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1‌

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

PM Sent :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1,

Found it now! Thanks for the message. Someone from our team will be in touch with you soon with some more details.

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

great thanks for the quick follow up - hopefully we can get this resolved - it would be a bummer to have spent so much on an iOS app that I Cant use.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bdee1,

I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted out for you - no worries! :)

• Klaus Stockamp
    Klaus Stockamp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All, just a short info: I've disabled background sync in iOS preferences for Dropbox (by mistake) - and ran into a similar issue regarding failed sync. After re-enabling background sync everything is fine...Kind Regards, Klaus

• Glad to hear it's working now, Klaus. Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

• I'm going to close this super long thread as it's run its course. If anyone else is having trouble with this, please feel free to create a new discussion. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.