Problem with synchronization on Mac

Options
kdrangej
kdrangej
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I have several devices connecting to dropbox using the latest version of 1Password

1. Windows PC 1
  2. Windows PC 2
  3. iPad 1
  4. iPad 2
  5. iPhone 1
  6. Mac Air 1

I'm running 1Password 4 for Mac on my Mac Air1.

This password collection appears to be exactly the same as the other machines but it is not syncrhonized with the other devices (1-5)

I just changed my master password on my mac but it has not mirrored to the other devices. Device 1-5 use the old master passphrase while device 6 is using the new.

This is veeerrrrryyy annoying because I changed some passwords already but I cannot know which are correct........

Please advice.

Comments

• kdrangej
    kdrangej
    Community Member
    Options

Just a quick update. Seems the mac wasn't synchronizing to the dropbox (how did that happen?). Anyway. I changed the settings and it started merging password files. Seems to be synchronizing now but I lost my last master password and it reverted to the previous, the one not synchronized on machines 1-5.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kdrangej‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

There was a bug in an earlier version of 1Password (version 4.1) where 1Password could lose permission to sync after a system re-start. This bug was resolved in 4.1.2, however, it did require users to reset sync. I'm so sorry to hear that this bug has been causing you trouble.

I'm glad to hear you're set up and syncing now. If you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.