Missing tag [Fixed in 1Password 4.4]

Options
DaveA
DaveA
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi

I have a problem with one tag that will not show up in the list on the left side, specifically "Travel". I have tried deleting it, closing the app and then recreating it but still no success.

Creating a new tag works fine:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68879/1Password/Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 13.09.19.png

Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member
    Options

Something to add: it seems to be connected with Tags that have been deleted.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DaveA,

Thanks for that update, that was going to be my question. We have a bug where if you save an item with a tag that was deleted before, that specific tag will not show up on the sidebar.

We will fix this as soon as possible, we have a few other bugs related to renaming tags as well as deleting them.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DaveA,

I just saw the bug report we have on this confirms this is supposed to be fixed in 1Password 4.4. Can you update to 1Password 4.4 and see if it is working better now? I just tested it and it works.

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member
    Options

Well, not quite.

I had given the items a temporary tag of XTravel. After update I renamed that to Travel and now it looks like this:

Travel appears 56 time, which is the the number of items with that tag.

• McFly
    McFly
    Community Member
    Options

DaveA,
    I would think twice before posting your email address and other personal information shown in these photos. Now people have your email address and account numbers, which is probably enough to get into your accounts!!!
    Cheers

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DaveA,

That's an unrelated bug, that's one of the bugs I mentioned that we're working on fixing. I believe you're right about the number of items with tags, we probably have a bug where it is adding non-unique tags to the sidebar. Meaning that each time you rename a tag, it has to update the tags in all items but when it does that, it re-added the new tag to the sidebar for each of the updated items instead of skipping it. If my assumption is correct, then once we fix this, the duplicates will disappear.

I'd suggest do not rename tags at the moment. However, while we continue to work on this, did you try re-tagging the item with one of the deleted tags not on the sidebar? That should be fixed in 1Password 4.4.

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, I thought it might be.

I have now got things back to a usable state with the following steps
    1) added a previously deleted tag (Travel2) to one of the items
    2) assigned Travel2 to the other items by dragging them onto the sidebar
    3) deleted each occurrence of Travel
    4) hesitated, decided to live dangerously, then renamed Travel2 to Travel

From my point of view, all is OK. Hope this helps you debug the problem.

By the way I want to say how much I appreciate vaults and smart folders as I tidy up my 1800 records.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaveA,

On behalf of @MikeT‌ thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm sorry to hear that it was a bit of a process for you. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions - we'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.