Why have you broken something that was SO SO SO GOOD

Options
Jameshenry
Jameshenry
Community Member

Hey guys, I have been a 1password user since you gave birth to it. I have it on 23 separate devices. Yes 23.
I am really not pleased that on a daily basis my company has no end of issues with icloud sync and 1password4. Whilst I do appreciate
it may the fickle beast apple call icloud, I never ever had any issues with 1password v3. I have staff working from printed
passwords sheets and disabling browser extensions.

I wont waste my time or your time listing all the issues as you have these relayed to you on a daily basis.

PLEASE PLEASE FIX WHAT YOU HAVE EVIDENTLY BROKEN YOURSELVES WITH THE JUMP FROM v3 to v4.

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

It is very difficult to argue against your experience, which mirrors mine (not 23 devices!), and I am sure the statistics on these boards would support you.

It can be made to work, by resetting, reinstalling etc, but has become "high maintenance".

On a more constructive note I am beginning to believe that, as you hint, iCloud may be part of the problem. I started with iCloud syncing when Version 4 came out, and what had been a smooth experience for years became a bumpy one. 1Password ver 4 with iCloud has worked brilliantly for periods, but with regular although solvable problems. I have had other issues with iCloud outside 1Password. I have recently switched to Dropbox syncing and although it is too early to confirm I think it may be better. At the same time as switching to Dropbox, I switched from MAS to Store version (I know shouldn't change two things at once), but my suspicion is that the iCloud may be the culprit.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I don't remember when I started using 1P but my registration on this forum is from 2007, so it should've been earlier than that. Since upgrading 1P to v4 it is giving me the most trouble of any software installed on my machines and the machines that I administer.
    It is possible that iCloud is causing some issues, but on my own machines and most of the ones that I administer it is not used at all, so there are problems not only with iCloud.

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing, if you pro users are struggling with 1Password4 I understand why I'm having a nightmare time using it.

@agilebits please listen to these pro users and help all of us.

• Meek
    Options

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with 1Password! We would be more than happy to help get everything sorted out and up and running.

Could you each please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.