Is there something akin to LastPass' "Form Fill" feature?

Options
mattyf
mattyf
Community Member

when I was using LastPass, I could save forms that I often used. For instance, I had an online medical claim form I often have to fill out, and LastPass could auto-fill most of it for me, including selecting the correct diagnosis and procedure codes from a pop-up menu the claim form included.

Is there a way to do this in 1Password? I read through the literature and could not seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattyf,

Unfortunately, 1Password does not have a generic form filling feature at this time. We do have a handy Identity category which can easily fill your name and address on address webforms. I would be happy to mention to our developers though that you would like to see a feature like this in the future.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, please do let me know if you have any further questions!

• marker
    marker
    Community Member
    Options

I'll add my 2 cents to recommend adding this feature. Here is the "important" form I was filled yesterday, and today, and would have liked some help - https://www.southwest.com/flight/contest/1411914281866

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! :)

However, you should be able to most fields on that form with an Identity item.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

This seems as good a place as any to reiterate my longstanding request that form-filling functionality be extended to Bank Accounts.

• mattyf
    mattyf
    Community Member
    Options

As a recent convert to 1Password from LastPass... I LOVE 1Password's more polished and more-stable feeling GUI. I REALLY miss LastPass's ability to save forms other than identities. I mean, I REALLY miss it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benfdc and @mattyf,

Thanks so much for the feedback here! I'll pass it along to our developers. :)

• simplesimon
    simplesimon
    Community Member
    Options

I would not have purchased this thing if I had realized that it would not fill forms. Not only that, it doesn't auto-submit passwords either! I found a note on one forum telling me to install a special script to do that. When I tried to install the script I received an error message saying Firefox wouldn't let me do it, because it didn't recognize the developer. For me 1Password is waste of money and time!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @simplesimon,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! There are many forms that 1Password is able to fill. Logins are our specialty, but the Identities category is very helpful in filling in address forms. Could you tell me a bit more about the sites that you are attempting to fill on? A few examples would be of great help in tracking down where things are getting tangled up.

If you have purchased 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store, the Autosubmit Script can help 1Password submit Logins more reliably. Depending on your System Preferences, you might see that warning pop up because this tool is signed differently than our main app. To get around this, please find the file in your downloads folder and right-click to open the file. You will still see the warning, but you will have the option to continue.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.