Browsers keep asking to "Update existing Login in Primary Vault"

Options
peragroster
peragroster
Community Member

Any ideas on how to fix this? — For certain websites, 1Password keeps asking to update existing login in primary vault even though:

1. password has not changed
  2. URL on the browser window matches the URL saved with the password in 1Password
  3. clicking on Update or Not Now does not seem to "stick"; the next time I visit the same website, still get the "update existing login message"

Occurs consistently at squarespace.com (even with different accounts, e.g., at abc123.squarespace.com and at xyz098.squarespace.com). Occurs occasionally at other websites whenever I reset browsers.

Confirmed on Chrome v34.0.1847.131 and Safari v7.0.3 (9537.75.14), OS X Mavericks v10.9.2

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @peragroster‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here. Could you tell me a little bit more about how you are logging in to these sites? If you are logging in manually and 1Password is locked, you will see this popup because 1Password cannot see into your database to know if you already have a Login saved for the site.

Now, that being said, I am seeing the same behaviour on squarespace.com - I fill in my details using 1Password and then 1Password asks me to update the details of the other site I manage. I'll pass this info along to our developers to see if they can improve behaviour here in the future.

• peragroster
    peragroster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan.

With 1Password unlocked, I let i1P fill in the login fields and when i click Submit, I get the "update existing login" prompt. And selecting Update doesn't stick the next time around (i get asked again)

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @peragroster‌

Thanks for confirming that. I know we're already looking into squarespace, are there any other specific sites that you are seeing this on? Please let me know which sites are misbehaving so we can do some testing on our end. :)

• michaelion
    michaelion
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having exactly the same problem with the Swiss.com (airline) website. I've chosen Update and Save in the drop down menu, but nothing works.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelion,

Is 1Password prompting to autosave each time after you've filling and submitted the https://swiss.com/ch/en/Login page? Can you try manually saving a new Login there and let me know if that fixes the problem? Thanks!

• rditchfi
    rditchfi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, have you made any progress on this issue yet? I'm having the same issue with Squarespace when logging onto a user hosted account userhost.squarespace.com/config. I'm running OSX 10.9.3. I have tried on Firefox, Safari and Chrome with similar results.

1) For Firefox (30.0) and Safari ( 7.0.4 (9537.76.4)), as per peragrosters post, I have 1p unlocked and am using the plugin to sign in. For these browsers the site logs in, but then asks to update the pw.

2) It is the same in Chrome (35.0.1916.153), except that the credentials are filled but not auto submitted. Once I hit the login button, the same dialog box comes up.

3) I also tried launching from within the 1p app (4.4.1 (441008)) with the same result.

4) I then tried hitting the gear button in the dialog and changing the option to 'never autosave for this site' but the selection doesn't seem to stick.
    Thanks in advance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rditchfi‌

I'm happy to report that our developers have indeed managed to squash this bug! You should see an update to the extension soon that resolves this. Thanks so much for your patience. :)

• rditchfi
    rditchfi
    Community Member
    Options

That's great news Megan. Keep up the good work!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rditchfi,

On @Megan's behalf, you're most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.