iCloud sync not working on new computer

Options
laughlin
laughlin
Community Member

I have sent a diagnostic report already but I am getting frustrated, especially after calling Apple last night and them telling me that this is a third party problem and they don't support iCloud issues with third party apps. I was told that it was a coding problem and the developer must have done something wrong to not include the version of my computers mavericks operating system in their app...

I have an iPhone, iPad, iMac and a Macbook Pro that sync flawlessly. I recently purchased a MacBook Air to replace my MacBook Pro. The first app that I downloaded was 1Password after I set my computer up and signed into iCloud. Fired up 1Password and I clicked that I am an existing user. It asked me where my data is stored, and I clicked iCloud. It states that it could not find 1Password data information in iCloud. I checked the iCloud preference pane Manage... section and onepassword is shown in the Manage Storage window. Clicked Documents & Data options and 1Password Mini is there and checked. So I went to ~/Library/Mobile Documents folder and compared the folder to my other macs and there are files missing. On the other macs I have 32 files and on my Air I only have 24.

I am at a loss. I have signed out of iCloud and deleted all information from my machine multiple times, restarted after every thing. I have re enabled iCloud and waited hours before attempting to load 1Password thinking that I wasn't letting everything download. I have tried to just uncheck the documents and toss the Mobile Documents.xxxxxxx folder out restart and re enable to force it to sync again. Nothing.

I have noticed that Byword will not download all of my documents as well. SO if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laughlin‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password synced up with iCloud right now. I was able to locate your Diagnostic Report in our email system (using the email address attached to your forum account) and I've passed it directly to one of our tech gurus. This is the type of issue that is probably best solved with some one-on-one communication. We'll have you sorted out just as soon as possible!

• laughlin
    laughlin
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan thank you for your reply, but I also sent an email to the Byword support team and they fixed my issue.

I had to log into iCloud.com go to Settings, Advanced Settings, and click on Reset Documents & Data.
    After clicking that it prompts you to restart all of your devices using iCloud. After I restarted my Air everything worked flawlessly for Byword and 1Password.
    So if you could let your support team know that everything is fixed please. Thank you again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laughlin,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm sorry that we didn't get to you in time to be of any use, but we are here if you have any further questions - please don't hesitate to ask. :)

• laughlin
    laughlin
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan that is quite alright. Just glad I got another iCloud sync issue sorted out and if it helps anyone else out along the way the better. Thank you for the response!

This discussion has been closed.