Primary Password Unlocking ALL Vaults [works as intended]

Options
bobbyt
bobbyt
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I just setup a second vault in 1Password 4.4 with a distinctly separate password.

I click the lock button in the toolbar and and the screen indicates I need to enter my Primary vault password.

I do and I can then go into my new vault, no password requested... In short having a secondary password on my Mac seems pointless if the primary is auto unlocking the secondary vault...

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @bobbyt,

I'm sorry for the confusion here. The behaviour you are seeing is actually intentional: unlocking the primary vault will allow you access to all of your data, regardless of which vault it is in. This ensures that you really do only have to remember one Master Password, instead of the Master Passwords for each of your vaults.

If you would like to open only a secondary vault alone, you can use the 1Password menu > Switch to Vault while 1Password is locked. Then you will enter the secondary vault's Master Password and only that vault will be open. The appropriate vault's Master Password will be required when switching between vaults.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

internal reference number: DOCS-104

This discussion has been closed.