1Password FireFox extension bug

Options
Mitchel
Mitchel
Community Member

Hi,

I use firebug 1.12.8 and 1Password 4.1.0 as extension.
I'm not sure where to but this bug, but I report it at both extensions.

Bug report at Firebug: https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7458

Firebug version (number): 1.12.8
Browser version: FireFox 29.0.1
Operating system: MAX OSX 10.9.2
1Password version: 4.1.0

Hi,

Test case:

http://jsfiddle.net/k2hN4/2/

What I expect if click on test
Console:
test 1
test 2

What i get:
console:

If I replace the console.log with alert I get a alert, but the console.log does not log.

If I disable 1Password and reload the page it all works fine again.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Mitchel,

After looking at your bug report at Firebug, it looks like it's a known issue there, and it's not 1Password that is directly causing the issue. Am I correct?

Please let me know if you think still our developers need to take a look at this.

• timdafweak
    timdafweak
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please. Disabling 1Password restores Firebug console logging. Could you kindly take a look at it?

• Sebastian Thomas
    Sebastian Thomas
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this issue? I can't use 1password until it's fixed. :-/

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

This appears to be a bug in Firefox and/or the JetPack SDK we're using for 1Password. Here is the report in Mozilla's bug tracker, which was linked in the Firebug's google group as well. 1Password wasn't the only extension that broke Firebug, others did as well.

It appears that Mozilla made a change in Firefox 29 that caused this issue and it works in Firefox 30.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do on our side since Mozilla can fix it on their side that'll spread to all affected extensions. It's better that way since a change by us to fix this might cause additional regressions when Mozilla pushes their fix to Firefox and/or JetPack.

This discussion has been closed.