Two passwords needed

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I had what appears to be a similar problem to yours, with a website that required a login and password on the first page and then a second password on the subsequent page in order to authenticate.

This KnowledgeBase Article solved the problem for me. Might be worth a look.

See learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/multi-page-logins.html

• kenn8501
    kenn8501
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thank you...I will check it out now... That did not work.
    When I click the icon 1PW will enter the user name and password then click enter. At this time the second log in screen comes up with the user name (entered and hi lighted ) but no password and stops. I have to click on the password field and enter the password and click enter.

• kenn8501
    kenn8501
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help. Its not the best but I can live with it?

• kenn8501
    kenn8501
    Community Member
    Options

Still have problem. Is there any other things to try?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that since there are two separate login pages used by the Web site then there are two steps used by 1Password to deal with the multiple-login process

What I did was have two separate logins - one for the first page and one for the second, By example in your case: "SouthernCompany Initial Login" and "SouthernCompany Secondary Login".

In my setup of 1Password I have configured the 1Password Mini (the browser extension) so that the username and password is not automatically entered when you go to the web page.... So I go to the web site then right click to select the Initial login...this is entered and then I just repeat with the Secondary Login on the following web page.... for me this makes dealing with multi-page logins easy.

I believe that this is the approach is what is described in the Knowledge base article "Because the length and complexity of these multi-page login systems can vary greatly, our best advice is to simply repeat the first step as necessary. Use your naming system for as many logins as you need, and keep them organised for the next time you need to log into the site"

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the full Knowledge Base article: How To Create multi-page Logins

• kenn8501
    kenn8501
    Community Member
    Options

This did work for me. Problem solved! Thank you for the help...This is a great program with great customer support :D

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kenn8501 and @toasted,

Looks like you're finding the relevant information for multi-page Logins - I'm glad to hear that the knowledgebase article is helpful! However, I did just want to direct your attention to one further post. For some multi-page Logins, 1Password is actually able to fill using just one Login. An example of this is the Bank of America's two-page Login. Please see the forum post here: 1Password and Bank of America for instructions. These instructions have also worked for other multi-page Logins as well, so you're welcome to give it a try for the sites that you're working with.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.